Fender lights + other stuff?

Datsun Dude

Didn't know that 411s had fender lights. Seen these before? Maybe someone is parting out a '66?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-1966-Bluebird-411-Original-Fender-Lights-Pair-Hard-To-Find-/221357047066?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3389e87d1a&vxp=mtr

Also see a
Ash Tray (roached): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-1966-Bluebird-411-Original-Top-Dash-Ash-Tray-Hard-To-Find-/221356280864?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3389dccc20&vxp=mtr

Clock: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-1966-Bluebird-411-Original-Dash-Clock-Rare-/221356289980?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3389dcefbc&vxp=mtr

Cigarette Lighter (roached): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-1966-Bluebird-411-Original-Cigarette-Lighter-Complete-HTF-/221358090738?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3389f869f2&vxp=mtr

Radio: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-1966-Bluebird-411-Original-Radio-Uff-HTF-See-Pics-/221358096041?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3389f87ea9&vxp=mtr

Dome light (this I need): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-1966-Bluebird-411-Original-Dome-Light-Cover-Hard-To-Find-/221356145546?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3389dabb8a&vxp=mtr

Shift knob: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-1966-Bluebird-411-Original-Shift-Knob-Rare-/221357049402?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3389e8863a&vxp=mtr

Speaker: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-1966-Bluebird-411-Original-Vintage-Speaker-Original-Housing-/221358103816?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3389f89d08&vxp=mtr

• Like 1
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks datsun dude for posting this.....Honestly, i found that clock and was keeping between me and erich since i know how bad he needed it.  Just made it open season for everyone. 

Also dont need ebay ads cluttering up as a thread due to the fact they end, and then become useless links.  Im just pissed Erich didnt get this like he should of been able to, prob went to someone that has more of them put up. 

I had the opening bid and tried to cement the purchase in the last 10 seconds. But "m***r" wanted it more than me... For the record I was a little bummed to see it show up on here as well. But I was unaware that the Dashclock was the Holy Grail and I was bidding against Indiana Jones and the Nazis...

It is the holy grail to some, gets on my nerves when people post ebay listings when some are trying to score things, instead going HEY WORLD LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND!!!!!! And here in a few days this will be a pointless empty thread cuz those links will be bad.  Waste of freaking space. And screwed over a few people that really needed that clock, instead i bet someone else got it that has a few already.  Need someone to make a mold of that clock and re-produce it. 

And here in a few days this will be a pointless empty thread cuz those links will be bad.  Waste of freaking space. And screwed over a few people that really needed that clock, instead i bet someone else got it that has a few already.  Need someone to make a mold of that clock and re-produce it. 

Sorry man, I won't post ebay links again. 

I ended up getting the fender lights! They could use a re-chroming... I've never seen them on pictures of 410\411. Guessing it was a European/South American option?

image_zps14e01c9e.jpg

If nothing else, they'll look good in the shop... Haha!

those arent really stock 411 option lights, they are something someoene installed and then after it ws bought and parted the new guy listed as original parts. 2 major things give it away, one the wingnuts, nissan had cast wing nuts, not stamped thin steel, second is the wire color, nissan used green on the marker lights and green with blue and green with light green or yellow for each side of the turns..... these are "pepboys" items at best from a few decades back.... not a nissan part sorry.

Although I agree about dad pages eventually since ads end, I like seeing eBay links in the CL thread and such. Its a public site and no one person is entitled to all the auctions. I hope all items went to a good home and people keep use them for cool projects. 

I like seeing the options for 410s since its not a car I normally deal with. Cool stuff.

I didn't buy the clock, I have three of them, are they rare or something?  Kevin keep posting no worries... its all good

Rare?  Yes!  Aside from the one Erich had in his blue RL411, the only real original 411 dash top mounted 411 clock I have ever seen is the picture in my glovebox driver's manual.  By the way, unless it's a top of the dash with a threaded hollow stud to mount through to existing [but covered by the dash vinyl] hole and containing the power [ and ground? unsure  ] leads it's not authentic.  I personally use a travel alarm clock with fabricated "hooks" that lock into the ash tray and is almost the same size as the real thing, but square, not shaped like the original.  Gives me the function without being a counterfeit.

Rare?  Yes!  Aside from the one Erich had in his blue RL411, the only real original 411 dash top mounted 411 clock I have ever seen is the picture in my glovebox driver's manual.  By the way, unless it's a top of the dash with a threaded hollow stud to mount through to existing [but covered by the dash vinyl] hole and containing the power [ and ground? unsure  ] leads it's not authentic.  I personally use a travel alarm clock with fabricated "hooks" that lock into the ash tray and is almost the same size as the real thing, but square, not shaped like the original.  Gives me the function without being a counterfeit.

that was actually sergio that has the clock... ive never had one. ive been on the lookout for one since 2010. i had a guy in aus that ws gona be selling me his and the gauges out of his sss. but he decided to back out last minute. that was the only time ive actually had a solid lead on one. if anyone has one(or claims to have 3) id be interested in one.(or 3)

• 3 months later...

Several months ago an older, used dashclock came up on eBay and got me excited about the thought of owning one to put in my car. They seem to be fairly rare outside of Japan and desirable.

7ddea947-ea7e-48c3-856d-9bd303927257_zps

I started searching japan sites and would see images of them but never any for sale.

image_zps99f740e6.jpg

One late night I was searching eBay for any kind of vintage alarm clock that I could just Velcro on my dash and I saw one that looked remarkably like the original. I ended up buying it knowing that it was a battery-operated universal clock although it was the same shape. I saw the word 'Jeco' on it and then started referencing all the sites where I saw the original and found that it was the same manufacture and period correct. When I received it a week ago it came with directions and the directions showed it being placed on a Datsun 410 RHD dash.

image_zps1e2aecf9.jpg

This is a run-of-the-mill eBay victory. What I didn't tell you yet is that 30 seconds after buying this Clock I did another search for 'Jeco clock'

And up came a listing for vintage Nissan automobile clock that looked exactly like the legit 410\411 ones I kept seeing. It had a 'buy it now' price and 16 days left and I instantly got sweaty palms and my heart started beating fast. I opened another window to start doing research on it and immediately was worried that somebody else was going to buy it during those seconds. I pretty much the open the window and bought it as fast as I could and have been nervously awaiting the package that came today.

image_zpse70d1e12.jpg

In the listing the clock looked basically perfect and when I unboxed my newfound treasure...

image_zps34c2dda0.jpg

I found that I'm the new owner of a virgin/unmounted mid/60s Nissan Dashclock. This may sound a little dramatic but I'm obviously a little crazy about old Datsun parts. I'm assuming some of you are too!

Enjoy!

image_zpscdf14059.jpg

image_zps9a10be80.jpg

image_zps012ab33c.jpg

Now I just have to decide if the NOS one is too nice to mount in my old car...

Now I need to start my search for the SSS round gauge display!

• Like 3