Northbay Datsun BBQ.........June 24th......it's datlife yo!!!

Busta Nut

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am recovering from a major operation, a month ago,  of having a collapsed lung from having caught pneumonia but feeling better everyday.  I'm blessed to have survived since I'm 60 and an AARP candidate - hahaha!

I would like to attend since I'm now able to walk a bit.  I'm gonna ask my wife if she would drive us there in my Datsun 910. We live in Vallejo, so it isn't too far to San Anselmo.

If we can make it, I would be happy to bring some Filipino empanadas for people to enjoy.

Thank you BustaNut for putting this gathering together - I hope I can make it!

Ernie

• Like 2

So glad you're getting better Ernie.........pneumonia is no joke at your age.....

I'm excited to try your Filipino empanadas...........never had them before........actaully........don't think I've tried Filipino food at all........

..............I'm probably missin' out on somethin'..................

If there is anything I can do to make things easier for ya......let me know........

..............................................I do have a few extra chairs............

It's my pleasure to host this event.........I love seeing people get together for a good time.........

........................especially when it involves Datsuns!!! B)

I think we have 13 confirmed and 5 maybes............if I counted correctly...

Yes..............chips are acceptable..........

I will be updating the first post soon to reflect things you should probably bring and things that people are willing to share so we don't get too many doubles...............

Hopefully the weather permits............it would be really tough to.......not too many people like standing out in the rain.....

.....shop won't be open at all.......only request from my boss......

Yes there is a bathroom..................I must say that it IS an auto shop bathroom.................it's not the prettiest..........but we keep it as clean as possible.......

...................................and lots of stores nearby.........

Stores within a 5 min. walk:

-Safeway

-Starbucks

-Peets

-Andronico's

-CVS

-Walgreens

-High Tech Burrito

-Subway

-Edo Grill

-Thai place I never go to (Auryn)

-2 gas stations (76 & local gas station)

-......and a couple more mom & pop stores/eateries

.......there are actually about 50 more food/boutiques if you were to walk down San Anselmo Ave........behind the shop about 7-10min walk.......

So if you forget food or just don't feel like bringing anything with you.............there is plenty around.

Here's an oic from the middle of the parking lot looking at the shopping center..........

IMG_6729_zps97657523.jpg

That's exciting to know there is a substantial selection of eateries.  Good to know about your restroom availability Antony!

I notice there are only a few listed as to bringing/offering something for the gathering.  Please guys, as Antony mentioned, this is a "team effort".  It would be great if more people stepped up and offered to donate something for the cause!!  Teamwork!!!!

I'll also bring a few small packets of plates and utensils - if you would please list that Antony.

Thank you.

Ernie

• Like 1

That's exciting to know there is a substantial selection of eateries.  Good to know about your restroom availability Antony!

I notice there are only a few listed as to bringing/offering something for the gathering.  Please guys, as Antony mentioned, this is a "team effort".  It would be great if more people stepped up and offered to donate something for the cause!!  Teamwork!!!!

I'll also bring a few small packets of plates and utensils - if you would please list that Antony.

Thank you.

Ernie

Much appreciated Ernie!!.........love the effort.

between MEMBERS and CLASSIFIEDS at the top of the page it says CALENDAR. Click on that and start a new event. See under the SEARCH bar on the home page it says UPCOMING CALENDAR EVENTS? The event should show up there once you've created it. Then you will get more exposure.

• Busta Nut changed the title to Northbay Datsun BBQ.........June 24th......it's datlife yo!!!