84 Celica with a Corolla engine on it!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool looking swap.  I don't have much Toyota experience so maybe you can set me straight.  Isn't this kind of the same as putting a carbed turbo A-series in place of a Z22e in a 200sx?  It looks really cool.  Is there going to be much of a performance gain or is it more for the visual impact?

Wel the first part of your question i didnt understand it, this came from factory with a 22R 2.4 weak engine EFI, and i swap a 3TC 1.8 proven to be super tuff engine with forged internals, ported head and a turbo cam. initially it was gonna be EFI but the guy change his mind and went to a blow thru carb setup, not so much difference in power output, and by the way it is all functional and power levels will be up in the mid 400's

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes and no. I have a great deal of experience with carbs.  But EFI is just so cheap and easy these days though.

Well i do have couple of guys running in the 4 second zone in the 1/8 mile using carburated setups, i do have being in the 5.57 at 127MPH with an engine like this using dual 45 webber carbs modified for turbo and running em at 47PSI, yeap i understand EFI is the way to go and they are NOT cheap whatsoever if you using a good system, but yeap is the way to go, but here specifically the owner is who ask for the carb setup so, carb it is!

• 2 weeks later...