floyd17

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

got free "fedex white" paint... so I see a new paint job in her near future. I am ALSO the proud owner of 2 Dell'Orto's Carburetors.

c60e7ab69341c122f5bd1baa101b0361_zps54a0

the carburetors, this hyfire system, and a set of 5 slot rims were given to me by a guy who used to race old toyotas

b2c09a8f47e10a604d351818686f0cc3_zpsb1ae

eb01725473e6440f529762739700f8a1_zpsa412

• 4 months later...

Well, a lot has changed on this project... This was going to be an engine build, and I decided just to daily it stock. I've been dailying it for several months, until today, I came off the freeway, and was cruising on an inner city street in Jackson, as the car started running progressively worse (what tipped me off that something was wrong was the bad miss at under 2000 rpm), and it was getting much hotter. I limped it out of south jackson -for fear of being shot- pulled over, and had no water left in the radiator. My dad brought some water, looked at it for a minute, and when i pulled off to limp it home (about 5 miles away) it started billowing steam. So we get it home, and check for a blown head gasket, and #4's spark plug is milkshakey. Shit. ordering new parts today.... Don't know what caused it. Wasn't driving particularly hard. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Okay, I haven't posted in a while, but I've recently got an itching to update you guys on my 210 hatch and the plans i have for it. I've also got a few questions for you guys. first things first...

I want to do an engine swap, I'm either going Nissan or Chevrolet. I'm debating between a ka24de, Chevy 4.3 v6, or SBC v8... If I go the chevy route, my dad has a cummins turbo to put on it, David Frieburger style. It will be standard trans, no matter which direction we go. So, what engine would you guys recommend? also, if you know what needs to be done to mount a SBC, ka24de or 4.3 v6, please point me in the right direction.

I'm also planning to do suspension upgrades. I'm going to put 280zx struts in the front with split collars and cut springs, but what do I need to do to lower the back? Any advice is great! Thanks! I'll post pictures as soon as I remember how to....