Fuel Pressure regulator. Check

IMG_20140416_171623_zpsdu8n9apg.jpg

New Water Base from Australia. Check

IMG_20140416_171631_zpsivzveomu.jpg

Helicoil used to repair cylinder head. Check

IMG_20140416_171656_zpstoiwijqt.jpg

Oil pressure Gauge hosing. Check

IMG_20140416_184937_zps37mtqeyf.jpg

I used Paracord around the oil pressure line to hopefully protect it some. Just an idea that I got. 

IMG_20140416_184943_zpsgny0lq4h.jpg

It was such a nice day outside the Indoor ONLY cat kept coming out because I had a window open. 

IMG_20140416_181902_zpsby4ejixa.jpg

Also finished 

Both rear light housings/Bumpers have been painted black

All new marking lights all around. Silverstar or LED

Temp gauge working, as well as Oil Pressure

Next I have got to finish my dash and get everything wired back up. 

The dash is finally back in. Drove it around the block and everything seems to be in working order. Brakes are better than I thought but still going to bleed them.

Still needed.

Narrower tires

Find leaks- tranny, oil and washer bottle.

I wanna swap tranny eventually but still need to get auto working great for now. I have a decent leak there just not sure where. Oil also leaks not sure if the pan or the head.

Here's the dash and new gauges

IMG_20140420_172937_zpsvrlwhhmi.jpg

Got my new emblem along side my old emblem

IMG_20140420_194231_zpsc5mjze3u.jpg

New center console

IMG_20140420_194313_zpszbwuepgg.jpg

Also jacked up the front and found out my transmission has a pretty decent leak. Oil pan also has a leak and possibly the rear main seal. Some of this is all new to me. Ordered a new pan gasket and a trans filter and gasket

• Like 1

Pan gaskets don't leak when the car is just sitting. Oil level is not that high. 

Has to be either the drain plug or something else higher on the engine. If you did not run it in between the pan gasket removal and the new oil spot on the floor, then it's probably the drain plug.

If you did run it, it could be almost anything. Best to power wash the engine clean, then you'll quickly see where the leak is coming from. 

So its coming off the back side of the engine. After putting everything together I did run it and even "drove" in driveway to turn it around an back it into the garage. Then turned it off. That was 830pm last night. I'm thinking now it could be rear main seal. Is that possible with it being that far back? Working on switching out tranny fluid a filter right now

New trans gasket amd filter are in. Bad news is that trans is leaking from speedo cable. Tightened down oil pan and degreased the enging a little. We'll see what happens. Also put in some oil leak stuff, maybe just snake oil but I'll give it a try. Drove it around the block and its pulling to the left quite a bit. The PO said the driver side suspension arms needed replacing but nothing looks bent compared to the passenger side. Maybe its out of alignment.

EDIT

So after a little research its the vacuum modulator not the Speedo cable that is leaking, common problem seems like. Its leaking from around the vacuum hose. New modulator and hose? Or Just one. Decisions

205s are nice on them, Still a bitch to steer in parking lots tho.Also are they 7" wide rims or 8? mine is running 205/70/15s on 8 inch wide eagles, on the rears.... i got 30x9.5/15s lol not my choice, but its all i had to throw on the rears. They will be swapped out with 205 70 or 75 15s

I think they are 8. They are what came on the truck when I got it and I can't find any info on them. They are mb by discount but I don't think they make the size and bolt pattern for this wheel anymore. I'm thinking 205 65 15, basically stock

New vacuum modulator and hose hooked up. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. New tires are a must, 235 is way too big for these little trucks

Do you lose all the tranny fluid when you replace the vacuum modulator.  Mine is bad and I'll be replacing it this week when the part comes in.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh what a day. Got yet a 3rd Tach hoping I wouldnt ruin it, and of course I shorted another. What a freakin mess. I got the second one running just fine but then quit working outta no where. Hooked up the third and again short, I think I ground it out somewhere, get nice lovely burning smell. I had my tach wire hooked closer to the distributor not on the coil. After some research I found the tach wire usually comes off the coil pack. Could I be totally screwed or do I have to buy another freaking tach?

Just got back from a trip to Amarillo where the in laws live. Luckily I got a free set of wheels for the Datsun out of it. Father in law has a Chevy truck that he got new wheels for so I took his stock ones. They are the steelies from 04 that have chrome wheel covers.

IMG_20140518_181727_zpss5slhzmv.jpg

They are 16x6.5 and have a better BS than the MB motoring wheels. They will tuck with the right tires.

IMG_20140518_181134_zpsdj1ulekq.jpg

Ripped the chrome covers off but will need to get the glue off some how.

IMG_20140518_191208_zpsuzfh5t9j.jpg

awesome build you have going on. i just got mine a few days ago and i love where you are going with yours. i have a couple questions for you if you don't mind. where did you get the roll of carpet from? is the 720 carpet you bought new or used? and lastly, what size speakers on you kick panels? and how are they mounted? thanks!

1. Got carpet for the panels from Lowes/home depot, just a large roll of outdoor carpet

2. 720 carpet is new from eBay I believe, then cut it to fit

3 speakers are mounted on new covered kick panels. I used the old pieces as a template then cut them to fit and covered them with outdoor carpet. They are 6 1/2 I believe and wouldn't fit right without kick panels

So a little wheel update. Got one wheel cleaned off and painted up. 

Looks pretty good, even the wife said so and she wasn't sure about the color at first. 

Wheel cleaned up pretty easy with Paint and rust remover 

IMG_20140523_192817_zpsf9b13dd8.jpg

Paint went on pretty nice with bare metal showing

IMG_20140523_195443_zps8ff2a7ef.jpg

Finished product and center cap. 

IMG_20140523_201104_zps62830cb6.jpg

I'm not sure about using the center cap. I dont even know if the oem Chevy lug nuts are the same pitch, because the center cap screws on to the lugs.