The New Guy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They both passed!!!!

on one hand I'm happy for y'all

On the other hand as a father I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. Unless they already know what they're doing then it's game on

Taught my ex wife how to drive and that was a horrible experience for the both of us, I'm fearing the day my daughter gets behind the wheel

supersunday510007_zpseb5bf549.jpg

supersunday510008_zpsc5f48299.jpg

Header and carb on!  The header gave us some issues but we think it's on and ready to go.  Need to find or make the linkage for the throttle.  Also need to find a shorter air cleaner for the weber.  Any thoughts out there on the linkage and the air cleaner.  I guess I can call weber direct and see if I can get the parts from them. 

I don't mean to be that guy, but please ditch that steering wheel.

I don't like it either.  The boys picked it out at our 1st swap meet, I caved cuz they were so excited about it.  Once they start driving it they will find it's a bit small.  I would prefer wood myself.

It's their car at the end of the day...........and I'm soft.  So I lose out.  I'll fight them on the carpet color!!!!!  we will see how that turns out.

• Like 2

It looks to be at least a 14" wheel. I have a 13" Grant and I like it a lot. Perfect size, especially for tall drivers. Not too much resistance with a 205 tire. Once you're rolling the steering is lighter than power steering. It feels like a chore turning the wheel of a newer car lol

The interior panels would look good with that brown. Black carpet and seats would be nice I think. I love how comfortable the '68 seats are; I just don't like that there's no lumbar support, even though some have said they don't move when in canyons.

datsunwiring012_zpse8facff5.jpg

So now I am trying to identify these wires.  This is the harness that was in the car (or what's left of it).  All the relays were missing and it appears that whoever took them didn't bother to unplug them, rather they cut the wires.  So I am trying to marks these wires and identify which ones go to the missing relays.  not frustrating yet.  but it could get there.  I will probably post another, "identify this relay" blog at some point.  I have been picking up random relays each time we go to Eagle rock.

datsunwiring017_zps1f4a1225.jpg

This fuse box is also interesting.  It does not match up to any of the wiring diagrams i have referenced.  But that could be me, I've learned much about readying wiring diagrams, but the fuse box interpretation is not easy to understand.  I chase the wires into the fuse box, then see that the colors change to H, AI, W and F and so on.????

So I picked up this harness at Eagle Rock and I was going to tear it apart and try to combine it with the existing harness

datsunwiring013_zpsd3a7f9c5.jpg

It's in really great shape!   and has a part number.

datsunwiring014_zps38bfbf5f.jpg

Which looks to be from a 67 520??  If that is the case I do not want to cut it up.  I'm sure someone would want it.

part number 24012 B0400