The New Guy

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now it will be primered inside and out, top and bottom. Engine compartment will be painted blue and then we will start to clean and put things back together. finding suspention and sterring bushings. Can't seem to locate an idler arm bushing, but I know one is out there.

I'll undercoat it as I go, need to put the fuels lines back in and bend new brakelines!!!

So let the fun begin!

WOW,

same sceniro with our project, twins 15, tried to talk them into a 510, but they like the Z cars more....whatever..your boys made the choice I would have taken. 

Id advise against a roll bar as well, but if they want to run a harness I have a picture of what I did in my Camaro. Still full functional, but back seat can be used, and there isnt a roll bar, nothing against roll bars at all, just for the street and first time drivers, not the best idea.

welcome and keep us posted, see if the twins will post comments, mine did way back but have not lately...slackers.

Terrell21412.jpg

Caleb21412.jpg

This pic is recent Terrell he made it to 15 without be beaten by his father....it was close though...Caleb made it too..lol

12174551674_f5ba5e2292_z.jpg

11982803185_75e6c9f9cf_z.jpg

11983640856_50ee0b73d1_z.jpg

The first two photos they were 13.5...they got bigger and nastier, in a short period of time.

Seriously, no roll cage, bars, or harness/race seats. The second you make this car look like a race car, they will have something to prove to all of their friends. Make it beautiful enough to not want to crash it, cause they won't give a shit about life or limb. And make it comfortable. Load it with a good (need not be loud) stereo system that will be extremely easy to talk wirelessly through his smart phone. They will talk and drive, better to make it safe. And put some skinny ass tires on nice wheels. Looks good, and not racecar. Same applies to flares. You do not need flares. Weld on some stock rear quarters. There is all kinds of trouble back there that can be fixed with one panel.

Kids will be kids. And if you give them the tools to do so, will go too far. Having a pimp ass 510 is not deprivation by any standard. There is no need for racecar status. And tell them if they fuck up the 510, you will make them drive the vw. That should scare them straight.

• Like 1

Boonedock,

The funny thing is I have one boy(chad) that is 510 all the way. The other boy (Kyle) wants the next to be a z. We are only doing one build at a time, so whatever come next will be awhile. I built my first 510 with my older brother, it was a pretty simple job compared to this one. That car never made it to the paint shop. I'll admit that I was an idiot in that thing. I'm hoping my boys will respect this build a lot more than I did. Considering the amount of work the 3 of us are putting into it! Only time will tell.

So these 1/4 panels. I'm very interested! Who is the 510 keeper and where does he live.

Boonedock,

The funny thing is I have one boy(chad) that is 510 all the way. The other boy (Kyle) wants the next to be a z. We are only doing one build at a time, so whatever come next will be awhile. I built my first 510 with my older brother, it was a pretty simple job compared to this one. That car never made it to the paint shop. I'll admit that I was an idiot in that thing. I'm hoping my boys will respect this build a lot more than I did. Considering the amount of work the 3 of us are putting into it! Only time will tell.

So these 1/4 panels. I'm very interested! Who is the 510 keeper and where does he live.

Ryan Fam

Not sure who 510keeper is, I think you can look up in the member list though.

You guys are pretty close to my home town (dont tell anyone) Riverside, Ill have to stop and check in on the project on our way through sometime...lol.

My second car was a 510, first was 65 caddy.....I owned the 510 for 3 years, aquired 28 different types of tickets, I too was/can be still and idiot...but lets hope our sons have more sense....hope...being the key word.

Im wanting to get back into the foregin car style hot rodding type for some reason, gotta get this Camaro done and sold though. Our build thread is in "project Datto" section, lets keep in touch and check progression, If I can help with any questions let me know.

Boonedock,

absolutely stop in if you are heading to Riverside (I won't tell anyone). I'm right off the I-10.

Lets keep in touch, twin boys and datsuns, think we have one or two things to talk about??

I will have many questions. We just picked the car up a few days after X-mas. I'm not a paint and body guy, I knnow my weeknesses and that's one of them. I'll have my body shop handle most of that, but trust me, I'll have many questions along the way!

Talk to you soon

Boonedock,

This is a thread of "the510keeper", he is the one thay are talking about.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/44621-the-silver-bullet/

• 3 weeks later...