NorCal 521

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Why you gotta come into my thread and show off with your shiny trim?!

If you arent using those brakes back there Ill take em off your hands, Ill trade you for anything you want in the background of my pic!

• Like 1

Funny guy, those brakes are long gone. Check out my thread did you see my brakes there 2 piece rotors and all my calipers I got them powder coated from Wilwood red.

And this truck looks like its going to look bitching when done,frame powder coated you painting the truck to I am sure,can't wait to do mine one day when I can afford it.

Tanker: Thanks man....im trying to do it the best I can on a limited budget, but i want it to look new inside and out....even behind the tail lights! My OCD is gonna kill me on this thing.

wayno: No luck so far. I think im just gonna leave em be for the time being. Figure I can always do em later if need be.

• 1 month later...

OK....time for my monthly update. Got my King pins and with some help from Mike and Blue Hands Video I got them installed. New bushings everywhere. New upper spindles (i think thats what its called) New lower fulcrum pin. New Kings. New bearings and seals. New steering arms....pretty much the whole front end is new. I also decided to pull the trigger on disc brakes upfront so I got those on today as well. Again....with help from Mike at BHI. I tried posting once already and photobucket is acting crazy so I lost a bunch. Pics will follow.

• 3 months later...

Finally made some progress. Figured id give a small update. I bought a parts truck that i thought id use the cab from. Upon further review...more work than mine. So i patched up the rust in the floor pan and got a friend to help get the waves out of the roof. I did score a pretty solid upper valance so i got myself a spot-weld remover and got drilling. Went and bought a small sandblaster and blasted all the bad spots plus the entire engine compartment. Then i took the DA to it. Got it all pretty smooth and needed to get it in primer before it flash rusted on me. (Plus i really wanted to see it all one color!) another buddy came over this morning and we laid down a fog in my driveway. I cant figure out how to post pics from my phone so ill follow up tomorrow with those.

• 2 weeks later...