The resurrection of Eleanor, dead since 12-17-11. SOLD, but she will live again!

HRH

I'd use all the 200sx system, including the air flow meter.  The motor is different, but there's enough latitude in the early Bosch Motronic that it doesn't care what engine it's managing.  Up to a point, of course, but if I can run a massive cam hi compression 2.0 liter, I should be able to run a normal cam 240 motor.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl:  Yeah, there is that.  But ideally, I'm just going to be balls to the wall in the 510 anyway.  Like when I had the L20B.  I was pedal to the wood every time I drove it.  Like an asshole.  It was fun!

Well, it's less time and effort really, I have all the stuff.  If I have to get the harness and ecu and distributor, those do tend to add up.  I suppose I can do a better job of searching the 240 boards for a harness and distributor too though.

• Like 1

Well I talked to one of my accounts today and he had a better idea. Said use the 80 200sx system but ho up a megasquirt to it. Simplest of both worlds. Ill still have to figure out the distributor but it should work that way.

• 1 month later...

Why thanks, I have had her a long time.  It sucks, but it's a good thing.  Hopefully someone on here will be taking her home and making her run once again, we shall see.

• 3 weeks later...

Well she's finally gone.  Sniff, sniff.  Fortunately, I think she's gone to a good home.  And she's actually going home, being originally a California car.  A couple guys named Mike and Damian drove up and after some effort with a bit of a small trailer, got her loaded and she's on her way to glory days yet again.  It's good.  I've been wanting her to be running more than I'm able to give in time these past few years.  Wish I could have made it materialize, but I've moved on to the Maxima now and my interests lie with that at the moment.  If I get another rig, it may well be a 620 at some point.  I still miss my first one.

510gone1_zps958cf7ee.jpg

510gone3_zps6f431f71.jpg

510gone2_zps4f181c14.jpg

These are the two guys, looking quite happy and excited.  Good things!  And they drove up from Cali without stopping, which is surely Ratsun dedication. :)

510gone4_zpsaf3ab873.jpg

510gone5_zpsdeef895c.jpg

So that's it, the torch has been passed.  I think I forgot to tell them the car's name was Eleanor, but no matter.

Mixed emotions on this news. Sad to see her gone, but happy you made the sale. Out here in Hick County we were all kind of skeptical about whether or not someone would come all the way from Cali for a dead 510. Shows what we know. I wonder how close to being overweight that trailer is if they stop at a weight station? Their problem I guess.

When I sat down at the computer this morning I was wondering if you still had the KA for sale. So I'm really glad it is gone. I'd buy it and never get it installed, then feel bad about it.

So with the money from the 510 sale, turbo for the Maxima? Or something even more radical?

Len

I can always get another 510.  If I do get one though, it will likely be a wagon.  I miss my 510 wagon.  I'm quite content keeping the Maxima for autocross right now though, even with her 600 extra pounds.

Damian and Mike got home safely.  I'm a little sad, but ultimately it's the best thing.  Not quite sure what I'm going to do.  Though some of the money will likely be for race tires for the Maxima so I can stick better at autocross.

I actually already have a turbo that would go on the Maxima.  I'd like to have another motor to build, but actually the biggest thing on the agenda is getting the red truck in the garage for the KA24DE Frontier motor swap.  Then I'll be back to reliable for the hardbody.  That will make me quite happy.  Haven't driven it in about three months except for a trip to the store and back.

I can always get another 510.  If I do get one though, it will likely be a wagon.  I miss my 510 wagon.

There is a 510 goon on Spokane CL right now, You can't get rid of a project without replacing it with another ASAP. :lol: Just trying to help you out ! I'm tempted to go look at that goon myself, but I really want a 710 instead (and I don't need either one).

Len

Hahaha, I saw it Len!  But I really don't need another project, though a wagon would be good.  Going to start on the red truck motor soon.  Think I may opt for turboing it like originally planned.