'69 Datsun 510 // some four door love..

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tendril - i usually don't cut springs haha it's not really my style... yeahh if i have cut and weld spring perches and stuff, i'd probably buy donor spindles and get the t3 kit or something. Still thinking.. most appealing thing would be to find some aftermarket springs though :D long shot i know.. But yeahh, definitely need some shocks.. short stroke or stock shocks.. hrm.. guess it all depends on the springs. I think Tokico and Koni's are the two better choices? Camaro shocks? hrm.. rears only or fronts too? 

Live near Oakland. I usually don't display location on forums for theft reasons... And yesss finally met a couple guys on here from the SJ swap meet! Very helpful and nice :D Never seen so many Datsun lol. 

Draker - lol.. Catfish. I'm an actual person :D  for the most part.. hahah jk.

for the rears most go with Dodge D 50 springs, and fronts, you cut a coil or

get a split collar and grind off the weld and lower the spring perch and place where ever and tighten split collar under spring perch.

if you go the second route, most advise getting a shorter insert with a better stroke to match your needs. or rebuilding the old ones with thicker oil.

there is a company from like the 90'sand early 00's than made a front and rear kit the springs were yellow and the box was yellow and purple iirc.

some of these old timers would know the name i just cant think of it at the moment.

also one beautiful car! where in the East bay are you? there are a few of us here in the east bay. 

you don't have a location.. Is this a catfish or something?

:rofl:

Also, I've got D50's with Camaro shocks.  They seem okay.. Need to get a bit more time on them. If anything they are a little stiff.

• Like 2

Live near Oakland. I usually don't display location on forums for theft reasons... And yesss finally met a couple guys on here from the SJ swap meet! Very helpful and nice :D Never seen so many Datsun lol. 

pics of you .. datsun ... two pieces of id and a current news paper or we dont believe u .... 

oh wait antony and mike already said your a real person ...... 

• Like 1

I was more talking about Tentril. lol

But I can also confirm, he is real and so is his smoke machine.

tendril is most def a catfish ....... the beard and whiskers prove that 

and he is this burrito slinging,   cheese smelling........datsun faking........... toyota truck driving ..... super nice handsome guy .... but antony michael and ray are like east bays datsun boy band ... and a wealth of knowledge and skills to boot 

• Like 1

pics of you .. datsun ... two pieces of id and a current news paper or we dont believe u .... 

oh wait antony and mike already said your a real person ...... 

What?!....no blood and urine samples??!!

I won't believe myself till I see results.....

Tendril - i usually don't cut springs haha it's not really my style... yeahh if i have cut and weld spring perches and stuff, i'd probably buy donor spindles and get the t3 kit or something. Still thinking.. most appealing thing would be to find some aftermarket springs though :D long shot i know.. But yeahh, definitely need some shocks.. short stroke or stock shocks.. hrm.. guess it all depends on the springs. I think Tokico and Koni's are the two better choices? Camaro shocks? hrm.. rears only or fronts too? 

I have this setup if you're interested.

I never had the chance to install it.

Your ride is tad bit high, lower it at least 2''.

strut1_zpsunsgnndg.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the offer! I'd like to put a little effort into finding some old springs first. but will definitely keep you mind. Thank! 

I have this setup if you're interested.

I never had the chance to install it.

Your ride is tad bit high, lower it at least 2''.

Yeahh.. probably would go with T3 if i decided to go that route.. but i'm just trying to keep the car as original as possible with a few little period mods. Pretty hard to stay away from the fun stuff though :( Sigh.

Depending on your budget you can get rear coilovers too if cutting cools isn't your thing. Check out technotoytuning.com and http://www.ground-control-store.com

so my mind wonders around a lot.. and between work and other hobbies, can't seem to focus on one goal.. so i'm a little all over the place.. so please bear with me :D

one basket case SSS carbs and one complete set of SSS carbs. hope one day i can get around to rebuilding them.. cute little things. 

20151029_090947.jpg

• Like 4

just trying to relax for the rest of the night.. feeling a little anxious, hoping for to hear good news on a very solid 2dr 510 basket case i've been keeping an eye for a long time..  so 510s on my mind.. 

which reminded me that i found this with tons of other paper work on the car. don't know if you guys are into stuff like this.. haha

very first, original registration card :D which is in great condition and fits in the palm of my hand.. 

it's so damn cute!! unbelievably lucky with this one <3

20151103_210209.jpg

20151103_210352.jpg

• Like 5

sweet ride! If you like driving the car, and want to lower it, you should really shorten the front struts.  With the loss of available bump travel using an OE length insert, when lowered you will be pounding the bump stops creating a rougher ride with reduced grip.  If you are concerned about being able to return to stock, then like you said, just pick up another set of casings and modify those.

• Like 1