1963 datsun nl320 for sale pittsburgh pa area

joshotto94

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A complete, unrestored barn-find type NL320 is a rarity in N Cal; esp if clean title, running and stopping well.  I bought mine fairly cheaply two years ago, and socked another 33% $ into it; I think it would be worthe $7K plus; they are a finite quantity, and drying up rapidly. 

Q: anyone ever seen a factory black version?  I have an example as a project truck.  The old fellow who first began selling Datsuns locally said he couldn't recall a black Datsun.  I've been chasing these things since the '70s, and all I've ever seen is red (mine is a repainted red), green, blue, and white.  I'm primarily a Z-Car guy, having owned one in '70.  I drove it, restored it (wrote How to Restore Your Datsun Z-Car, and was Restoration Editor of Z Car Magazine while it lasted) and sold it back to Nissan USA in the late 'nineties.

FYI: I hate the four-on-the-tree; it ruins the driveability of my NL.  There, I said it.  Give me my '71 resto-mod Z any time.

Wick

A complete, unrestored barn-find type NL320 is a rarity in N Cal; esp if clean title, running and stopping well.  I bought mine fairly cheaply two years ago, and socked another 33% $ into it; I think it would be worthe $7K plus; they are a finite quantity, and drying up rapidly. 

Q: anyone ever seen a factory black version?  I have an example as a project truck.  The old fellow who first began selling Datsuns locally said he couldn't recall a black Datsun.  I've been chasing these things since the '70s, and all I've ever seen is red (mine is a repainted red), green, blue, and white.  I'm primarily a Z-Car guy, having owned one in '70.  I drove it, restored it (wrote How to Restore Your Datsun Z-Car, and was Restoration Editor of Z Car Magazine while it lasted) and sold it back to Nissan USA in the late 'nineties.

FYI: I hate the four-on-the-tree; it ruins the driveability of my NL.  There, I said it.  Give me my '71 resto-mod Z any time.

Wick

How bout some pics, Wick. I haven't seen an NL with a 65 grille yet.

Steve