Does this look like clear coat?

Alright Ratsun... started sanding my new to me MkIII's today for a re polish and discovered this...

CT7tlGE.jpg

No problem, I'll just take some stripper to em... nope, nothing I can buy can touch this shit... so I'm beginning to question what I'm looking at here. Does this look like a clear coat or just oxidation/scale from the original polish?

Thanks

Joel

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are going to look sweet Joel!

What size and offset?

--carter

Thanks Carter... The rears are 15x7.5 +6 and the fronts (when they show up in a month or so) are 15x7 +6 The fit is perfect for my wagon :)

Any thoughts on color for the centers? I was thinking sticking with silver...

Any thoughts on color for the centers? I was thinking sticking with silver...

My Jilba Racing wheels are very similar to the MKIII's and I like mine in silver.

I'm not a fan of the traditional gold centers on JDM wheels but they do look correct I s'pose.

I'm really NOT a fan of body colored wheels so just don't paint them red.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

My Jilba Racing wheels are very similar to the MKIII's and I like mine in silver.

I'm not a fan of the traditional gold centers on JDM wheels but they do look correct I s'pose.

I'm really NOT a fan of body colored wheels so just don't paint them red. :thumbup:

Agree with everything you just said :) except I don't mind gold centers on the right body color... Not on a red car though. Silver it is!