Your wifes DUR moments!

I'd rather that than have a woman that doesn't look at the gauges or have any concern for their position whatsoever.

like my ex......

A. blonde

B. pretty = never had to work on a car just call daddy

c. drove a ford focus

see where im going here? 

the dumb broad called me one day saying her car was vibrating...... 

so i did the good BF thing, packed up tools and what i thought i would need, grabbed my AAA Card, and headed out. 

long story short i tossed a code reader on the OBD2 port when i got there to see what the check engine light was about, cylinder misfire on all 4.....

so i started it anyway for a sec to hear what i could hear, immediately heard rod knock so i turned it off and asked if there was anything before hand that woulda told her something was off.... 

and she tells me "the magic lamp" light was on and there had been a funny noise for a couple weeks......

so you mean to tell me that you saw "the magic lamp" light on (OIL LIGHT) and it was making funny sounds but you didnt think to tell your mechanically inclined BF about any of it.....

one of many reasons shes my ex

cause for the problem?.... 

blondes and oil leaks dont mix 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one not my wife tho. So my girl friends sister drives an accord that has a radiator leak and she has to put water in it occasionally to keep it from over heating. My friend has showed her where to put the water so she won't have any issues but does she do that correctly, lol no. Few days later my friend text me and ask if I can bring some tools to do an oil change on her sisters car because she put water in the motor. Her response " I was in a rush to get to work, it didn't overheat or anything tho" :o

A customer called me and told me there 69 vw bug wont start and they said they think they need a jump start well when I got there

I checked the battery and it had a full charge then I raised the engine hood and guess what

THE ENGINE WAS GONE!

some fool had stolen it when they where sleeping or within the last 2 months since it was last driven....

we both laughed then I got the bug for $400 because they could not afford another engine.

now it is a Baja bug with a corvair engine.

• Like 3

A woman at a gas station ask me if her tires needed air front where ok but the  

rear where just a little flat ..but the pressure was at 35 psi.

she said can I still drive on it

its only flat on the bottom......

then her sister got out of the back seat 

well 500 lbs of woman got out and then the tires where fine ...

hmmmm I said

then the 500 lb woman said I told you we should have brought the truck!

I laughed all the way home..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So i figured we needed a thread like this, and hope to god the wife never sees it.  

So my wife drives the pathfinder to freddies, calls me and says battery is dead. I get my daughter dressed and head out with the cables to go help her.  Hook them up and the pathfinder still does not turn. I then go hmm...its not a dead battery, i look down and its in reverse  :rofl:    Wife is not living this one down for a while. 

So wife, kid, share some moments that youve had to help someone and just think...why did i have to come out here LOL

I did something similar to this. I had the car in park but it wasn't all the way in park. Couldn't get it to start. Called my dad. He got it to work...of course. I think I get a pass on this cause I learned to drive on a manual shift and it was my first automatic. Still felt like a tard.

• Like 2

So I was on a road trip with my parents. So were making our way through Ga and I see my Ma frantically pressing every button on the dashboard from the passenger seat of her own car. A few minutes go by and my dad and I get fed up with whatever the hell she is doing. My Ma finally says that the AC in her car is broken because it won't turn on. She pressed every button besides the one to turn the AC on.... she changed radio stations and even cleaned the rear windshield, but no cold blow. :console:

like my ex......

A. blonde

B. pretty = never had to work on a car just call daddy

c. drove a ford focus

see where im going here? 

the dumb broad called me one day saying her car was vibrating...... 

so i did the good BF thing, packed up tools and what i thought i would need, grabbed my AAA Card, and headed out. 

long story short i tossed a code reader on the OBD2 port when i got there to see what the check engine light was about, cylinder misfire on all 4.....

so i started it anyway for a sec to hear what i could hear, immediately heard rod knock so i turned it off and asked if there was anything before hand that woulda told her something was off.... 

and she tells me "the magic lamp" light was on and there had been a funny noise for a couple weeks......

so you mean to tell me that you saw "the magic lamp" light on (OIL LIGHT) and it was making funny sounds but you didnt think to tell your mechanically inclined BF about any of it.....

one of many reasons shes my ex

cause for the problem?.... 

blondes and oil leaks dont mix 

was it that one that showed up to red door that was being a bit bitchy?

I had a really bad dur moment not too long ago. Doing a bit of crawling with my land cruiser with a buddy who owns a jeep. Of course he gets stuck. I turn my diff locks for extra traction to pull him out. We decide it's time for lunch so we take about an hour break. After lunch I get ready to go again and the car doesn't want to turn. I start freaking out. My buddy and I start crawling under the car to see if I bent a tie rod. Nope all good. Power steering fluid all good. We can't figure out what's wrong. My girlfriend then gets into the car for a second and comes out with a smug smile. "babe, the diff locks are on".