Your wifes DUR moments!

So i figured we needed a thread like this, and hope to god the wife never sees it.  

So my wife drives the pathfinder to freddies, calls me and says battery is dead. I get my daughter dressed and head out with the cables to go help her.  Hook them up and the pathfinder still does not turn. I then go hmm...its not a dead battery, i look down and its in reverse  :rofl:    Wife is not living this one down for a while. 

So wife, kid, share some moments that youve had to help someone and just think...why did i have to come out here LOL

• Like 2
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i figured we needed a thread like this, and hope to god the wife never sees it.  

So my wife drives the pathfinder to freddies, calls me and says battery is dead. I get my daughter dressed and head out with the cables to go help her.  Hook them up and the pathfinder still does not turn. I then go hmm...its not a dead battery, i look down and its in reverse  :rofl:    Wife is not living this one down for a while. 

So wife, kid, share some moments that youve had to help someone and just think...why did i have to come out here LOL

I have done this with my van.  Busted out the jump box, no crank, checked all the connections, no crank... got mad, thought WTF!!  Then I realized it was in gear.

-Robert

Not married, but chit like this happens to my brother.

Calls me says his truck died, he got it off the highway in a safe place. Asked him if it has gas, says it has plenty. I go out, rent a scan tool and go try and help. The scan does't tell me anything. I noticed the gas gauge is real close to empty. We pushed it to the nearest gas pump in the safe place he pulled into and filled it up.

i was talking about a charging system with my dad before he passed and my sister said "cars charge there batteries??" I face palmed and asked " why do you think the battery is always charged when you start it?" she said " i dont know i thought they just lasted a really long time."

• Like 3

My dad's van engine blew which my gf drove for 6 months the whole time she never did a oil change nore check the coolant/antifreeze she must have put water in the radiator in this really cold ass weather. I drive it one time to use the van I take her to school (college) and drop of my daughter at day care and what happens on the way home, the van started making a loud ticking noise before I could pull over the engine maks a loud bang and the van turns off and I'm stuck in the hwy. I managed to get it in a hwy exit pull it to the side and call for help lol. I asked my gf if she had checked or changed the vans oil and coolant like me and my dad showed her and said she didn't know she had to check it because the van didn't tell her... :rofl:

• Like 1

I think this should be open to past relationships for safety and more hilarity.

I had an ex who thought she was a genius when she changed her own brakes using google and youtube. I asked her if she had adjusted that little tab that makes the noise when it's time to change brakes again. She looks at me like I'm crazy. Turns out she had just bent it back because "it was in the way" and had the deepest grooves in a rotor I've ever seen because the time to change her pads was like 20k miles before I looked.

at was getting back from lunch at school, and the hottest girl at the school calls me over to her new ford explorer. And said "jalen you know a lot about cars, can you help me?" So I smiled and looked around. The car was stuck on, not running though. And the key wouldn't come out. She was about ready to leave her cars and key in the lot when I realized it was still in reverse? I'm confused why to this day because she never had to go in reverse to pull in to the spot? But the bed part was I got to look like a hero, and score the digits!

at was getting back from lunch at school, and the hottest girl at the school calls me over to her new ford explorer. And said "jalen you know a lot about cars, can you help me?" So I smiled and looked around. The car was stuck on, not running though. And the key wouldn't come out. She was about ready to leave her cars and key in the lot when I realized it was still in reverse? I'm confused why to this day because she never had to go in reverse to pull in to the spot? But the bed part was I got to look like a hero, and score the digits!

she wanted more and you missed the opportunity 

• Like 1

heres a good place to leave my duhr moment that happened couple days ago

my ka wasnt starting, i shot starting fluid into it, and it shot a fat flame straight into my face and burned all the tips of my beard, mustache, eye lashes, eyebrows and some head hair

and i was more worried about the small fire in throttle body than my face, i blew it out before checking or caring about my face

My x was driving my Scout to go grocery shopping, backed in the driveway, un-loaded all the stuff, then went to leave on some more errands. I got a phone call saying it won't move now. After a couple of Q & A's, figured out she knocked the transfer case into neutral. Then I had to explain how to pull it back only 1 click.

i was talking about a charging system with my dad before he passed and my sister said "cars charge there batteries??" I face palmed and asked " why do you think the battery is always charged when you start it?" she said " i dont know i thought they just lasted a really long time."

She's blonde....right?

Before my ex was my wife she was attending UC Santa Cruz.....about a 2 hr drive from where I lived....

She took my old Jeep down to school one day and calls me up at 9:30p.m. to say the darn thing is overheating and she can't drive it back....

She's blonde....so trying to explain to her to check things is like talking to a brick wall.....you won't get anywhere....

So......I pack up some tools and a couple gallons of water and headed down....

2hrs later I show up......not low on coolant and everything seems like where it should be.....I start it up and let it run...

.......fans come on....heater works.....no sign of overheating......so she gets back in and says

"Look....it's doing it now!!"

"Sweetie............that's the oil pressure gauge"............ :no:

• Like 4

My wifes mercedes has a messed up ignition switch, the key works to unlock the wheel but not to crank it.... so it's start by wire under the hood....I had surveillance footage of her starting it before checking to see if it was in park.... it was in reverse..... Now she can't tell me she is incapable of running fast!   :devil: