Help Datsun 510 wheels

its-dat510

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im running 15x7 +25 Rota RBs and they barely fit... needed longer studs in the front and a 10 mm spacer to allow the 205 tires enough clearance with the strut housing- narrower tires would work to. Rears are very tight on the arms... cant run clamp on weights.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/46032-red-71-4dr-first-510-streetautocross/page-5

I read other posts today and i should be able to fit 15x8 +0 with no problem i dont know if this is right but its what i read?? has any one tried 15x8 +0 with stock suspension?

Well, good luck with it. Some guys have got it to work, but it's a super tight fit. If they rub the body or a-arm don't complain to us.

I read other posts today and i should be able to fit 15x8 +0 with no problem i dont know if this is right but its what i read?? has any one tried 15x8 +0 with stock suspension?

I want something deep dish though I like the stance look with stretched tire so i want to see if any 15x8 fit it cause it has the stock suspension?

A 15x8 zero offset with a 205/50-15 fits very well on a flared car with stock struts. 

its dat51- Datsunfreak car is not lowered a lot.

You take this into consideration.  

Yes, that red car is only 2" down all around. I normally do 3" rear and 4" front. 

Lokk like the front will hit if you want to get the cool look. 

You could go a good bit lower by just switching to a 195/50-15, or better yet a 185/55-15.  

To me his or that car is not low enough.  more or less the wheels dictated the stance on this

Not low enough for me either, but I sold it before I had a chance to get it lower.   :rofl:

And I went that way with the wheels/tires because they were cheap as hell and filled the flares, so...

Had I kept it longer, and gone lower, I'd have looked for a smaller tire to get more clearance. 

• 3 years later...

Here is what 15x7 +0 offset wheels with 205/50-15 tires look like. These are two of our customer's cars.

Generally 7" and 205 tires are all that is needed on a 510. The red car has an extremely well built turbo L20B w/ 200+hp.

15x7-_0_offset_Classic_8.jpg

15x7-_0_offset_Retro_4.jpg

Is that Icehouse?!