1976 Datsun 620 DD/project

windowless66

I'm from australia swell,  melbourne to be exact and i drive a 76 620 daily,  theres heaps of 6 lug wheels here try looking for 4x4 wheels

Thanks Eccles Yeah I found a nice set in melbs, bidded and won and the guy tried to charge me more. I'd went to town on paint too._12%201.jpgport%20datsun.jpg

Bit discouraged after that and now I like the sunraysias :P 

I do have another rough tub that I have to pick up that's rough enough to cut for z flares so I'll be looking again before too long.

• Like 1
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Eccles Yeah I found a nice set in melbs, bidded and won and the guy tried to charge me more. I'd went to town on paint too.Bit discouraged after that and now I like the sunraysias :P

I do have another rough tub that I have to pick up that's rough enough to cut for z flares so I'll be looking again before too long.

if ya move them on hollz at me

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rookie mistake! Finally had everything hooked up turned the key and bent a rod and valve :/ Mustn't have had the pushrod seated right. Next time I'll be more pedantic and set all my valve clearances before firing up. I've gotten away with it too many times before and it's finally caught up with me. Funny had a bit of a week of it Mower cord broke, left the brake on on my trailer and cooked the brakes and now this :) Too scared to take the head off...Don't want to see if there's a hole in the piston :P

• 4 weeks later...

Bought a 78 model with ball joints for a body swap, because its Australia we were lucky enough to have balljoints and drum brakes. Been asking around and the 720 disk spindles and calipers are supposed to be a bolt on upgrade. Another guy has done the swap on his Kingcab over here.

DSC_0953_1.jpg

Early days but the cab looks in better condition than mine could end up being a tub swap yet :P

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...