Turn signal lever and tiny pieces?

620fever

The other night I signaled to get over and my turn signal lever fell off in my hand. Blew me away, it wasn't even loose. I can no longer switch my headlights from dim to bright, and I have several little pieces that have come apart. If anyone knows how these piece back together it would save me a lot of frustration. Thanks.

DSCN0290%255B1%255D.JPG

DSCN0287%255B1%255D.JPG

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally they are not fixed, but replaced. Datsun provided no parts list nor a breakdown diagram.

You might find - after you remove the steering wheel and take off the T/S assembly - that a plastic bit has broken off. But if not you may discover how to replace the parts. Let us know what you find out.

• 8 months later...

I recently took my 510 turn signal apart to fix an inoperative right turn signal.  Your turn signal switch and mine including parts look very similar.  In the process I took out the little copper colored springy thingy and turned it around so my bright lights were on when pushing the turn signal away from you rather than the stock way.  My reasons were my own, however, I did learn how to take that thing apart, put it back together and have it work properly when I finished.

There should also be a small spring that holds that chrome ball bearing in place when it hits the detent changing positions.  large round "pin" is used as a roll pin to hold the lever in place and to apply pressure on the spring and ball bearing.  The copper colored springy thingy is what make contact to change from low beam to high beam on the headlights.  There should be a  very small roll pin a the bottom of the column where the turn signal lever slips back into the proper location.  that copper piece sits in on top of the small roll pin at the bottom with the small rounded tang pointing away from the driver.  Mounted pointing either towards the steering column shaft or away from the shaft will determine in which position the bright lights or the low beams will be on.

Any clarification or communication call or email me.  I'll put my email address and phone number in here but it might be deleted for RATSUN rules on the forum.  I understand and don't criticize that policy.

Bill Allen

310-488-6900

bajaskylane@charter.net