Another 620 for Jester

Jester

I have been working on this a little hear and there. Most of my time has been spent helping get a vintage 510 racer ready to go.

I did manage to get some work done on the intake though. This is day 3's pile.

20160728_214508_zpseblcjhcs.jpg

20160728_214522_002_zpst9bzsktc.jpg

20160728_214611_zpsiijnhatj.jpg

20160728_214637_zpsr2pabltk.jpg

Here is a great shot to show how much I took off. 

20160728_215359_zpsbk7lxuyu.jpg

Once the exterior is done, then we will go and get rid of all this crap too. 

20160728_214813_zpslz30ngfa.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, give it that mirror like finish on the inside, I polished mine :thumbup:

I would love to. At this point I'm thinking I'm going to pull the heads off for a cleaning.

From the oil trail down the exhaust valves I would say it needs new valve seals anyway.

20160710_232003_zpsqklkjmhq.jpg

It may only have 147K miles but I'm guessing this thing hasn't seen a new filter for a looong frick'n time. I didn't take a pic of the rockers when I had the cover off. I'll take one later tonight.

I've had the filter, oil sender and drain plug pulled all day so I can roll it over and pull the pan tonight. Just curious as to how the bearing all look. Plus I need to build a pan anyway. 

Here's a shot of the lovely intake and throttle body. These suckers are nasty! It will get a new PCV.  :D

20160730_011322_zpsiky4flhk.jpg

20160714_232013_zpsvojgumbv.jpg

• Like 3

This is what the inside of the valve covers look like. 

20160731_171902_zpsvnompvkm.jpg

20160731_171613_zpstjbfdi2o.jpg

And a close up of the shit that has me geek'n.

20160731_171637_zpsxwkkwa8x.jpg

It absolutely kills me to even think about installing an engine that has this shit in it. A complete gasket set is roughly 350 from NIssan. A tad less from Fel Pro.

• Like 2

I once had a motor that was stored for a looooong time and it had flakes of weird shit caking the heads. I vacuumed up the big chunks. I drained the oil and poured gas all over the heads, then I ran the oil pump with drill and flushed the system with the gas. I drained and repeated until the weird shit was gone. Ran like a champ in my CJ until I parked it because the frame was tearing apart. 

Not that I'm recommending you do that here :lol:

• Like 1

I once had a motor that was stored for a looooong time and it had flakes of weird shit caking the heads. I vacuumed up the big chunks. I drained the oil and poured gas all over the heads, then I ran the oil pump with drill and flushed the system with the gas. I drained and repeated until the weird shit was gone. Ran like a champ in my CJ until I parked it because the frame was tearing apart. 

Not that I'm recommending you do that here :lol:

That not a bad idea really if ya ask me. I bought a 4.3 chevy once that looked like the oil had never been changed in it. The build up was so bad, i musta spent a week trying to get the gunk off the cylinder heads. 

• Like 1

Time to clean up the top half. Only thing left is the throttle body and cable holder. 

20160809_224740_zpslztpxw9l.jpg

PCV/breather, PB, FPR, and throttle body ports will all be relocated under the manifold. 

Like the IAC valve that was here

20160809_224758_zpswvnuowmv.jpg

Will soon be down here. I'm hopping all the heat in here will be sufficiant to allow the valve to work properly.

20160809_225810_zps5h1gd8rp.jpg

20160809_225830_001_zpshmtkuok5.jpg

It's pretty tight with the coolant line in there too. Plus, I want to run some of the wiring under there too. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...