Another 620 for Jester

Jester

Well, I couldn't help myself. I found this little truck sitting all lonely along side a house and had to stop and ask. Original asking price was $1500 as you see it here. Two months later I gave him $250 and put it on a trailer. 

The PO had the engine completely rebuild including ALL new components for the head. Completely rebuilt bottom end with .010 bearings on the crank and rods, new pistons, new radiator and a brand new Weber. I bolted the exhaust manifold/intake on the other day. Also installed the EI dizzi that was sitting in the back. I want to double check the valve clearances before I fire it up for the first time. 

Here are some pics for the pic whores.

20131125_163751_zps53de384c.jpg

20131125_163700_zps046c8b1d.jpg

20131125_163945_zps952a3a08.jpg

20131126_161818_zpsedf91cc6.jpg

20131126_161712_zpsed33c30e.jpg

20131126_161920_zpsd991d1d3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels good to have another 620. Sorry, but the robins egg repaint is going bye bye! 

MIke, I did exactly that. It had no sign of assembly lube on the cam, so, I broke out some I had left and gave all the lobes a good coat then started cranking till I had oil coming up top. That's when I noticed my fuel filter was empty. I put in a spare 720 electric I had laying around, primed the carb with it and checked for any leaks. Double checked the cam timing, Found what I think is the old plug wires and threw them on. Cranked the engine over and she fired right off. Filled the radiator with some fresh coolant after cleaning out the heater core and heat valve. You should have seen all the gasket sealer that was stuck in the little bastard! 

Tomorrow I'll go throw a heat cycle and adjust the valves and take it for a drive to the car wash. Right now it is trying to be green. It's just a little too cold to get the hose out. 

I might need to find a Ratsun sticker for it..............HINT HINT!!!!

Spent the better part of today looking for parts in the Pick a Parts here. NOTHING in Albany and 1 VERY picked over 620 in the Turner yard. Finally stopped at Z Therapy to get a throttle cable so I could drive it to the car wash and hit it with some pressure. Looks a lot better. I'll take some pics tomorrow when there is light. I forgot to take them earlier.

Also started on the inside a little. The one 620 @ the Turner yard did have a very nice fuse box so I grabbed it. And since the PO cut the plugs off and put in a POS fuse box kinda thing, I cut some length off the harness at the box. Need to get some new ends to put on that will go directly into the factory plugs. NO SPLICING! 

Thanks Bro!

I walked into Z Therapy;

Steve says, " JES!, I haven't seen you since you sold you wagon"

Me, "I know".....

Steve, "So, PU or wagon?"

Me, "Another KC"

Felt good to sit and bench race Datsuns again. Probably could have gotten a lot more done yesterday if I had just went home. Oh well, it was a good stop. 

Seeing how I let almost all my datto parts go with the wagon, I am seeing how hard it is to get the parts that I took for granted.

Got home today and decided to pull the wiring harness out of the dash so I could soldier the new ends on and add a couple other things. I want to redo the wiring for the headlights while I have it apart and incorporate the speaker wiring into the harness as well. I hate cluttered wiring. 

Factory color I believe is #304. The factory sticker is gone, but, thankfully the interior is still in factory paint. Next summer the outside will be shot in flat black urethane with some silver and #304 to brake stuff up a little. Is Monk still on here. I might need some stripping done.  B)

It may have been where I left it, but, it was not the condition I left it in.  :no: