progress of my new 620

Landon_Brown

so here we go.., this was my first car, the civic which i loved but the cops loved more. haha so i picked up a 620, something I've always dreamt about building.

DSC05106_zps53de74e8.jpg

photo-3_zps1345fa16.jpg

bought it here in beautiful san diego off a lady that was emotionally attached to it as her father was the original owner and his "weekend driver"

photo-4_zpsf3cac3e6.jpg

had a nice wood front bumper..

photo-10_zpsfa293d32.jpg

that was first to go  and then i started to wetsand some paint unevenly knowing the truck had been painted several times, then buffed it out.

photo-5_zpsdeeec0f1.jpg

photo-6_zps1d041a39.jpg

I picked up a volvo lip at my local ecology junk yard and modified it to fit,dropped the truck a bit and bought 17x9 pro comp rock crawler wheels

photo-7_zps92fe4a09.jpg

photo-12_zpsbb803f53.jpg

photo-8_zps462981ba.jpg

just a little license plate block off plate i made then dropped plate lower, Ive had the truck for 4 weeks today and from here i just plan to get a weber carb, header and daily drive it! and small japanese accents too. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVING the paint.

I had a '64 Ford F100 with a passenger door that had been primed and then sanded like this. People always wanted to take pics of my truck, but mostly that door.

Your hood looks very similar

Wheels are looking great too! Digging big steel. Suits the truck well

Sorry to be Debbie Downer..... but in case you don't know... the CHP and local po-po will give you a hard time about the windshield sticker.

ya I'm aware of the windshield obstruction law hahah, I've had a few with my old car the banner came out bigger than i expected… i kinda just forgot the windshield was so small on this thing

LOVING the paint.

I had a '64 Ford F100 with a passenger door that had been primed and then sanded like this. People always wanted to take pics of my truck, but mostly that door.

Your hood looks very similar

Wheels are looking great too! Digging big steel. Suits the truck well

thanks! i wanted to repaint the truck until i tried this and now wanna leave it. People are always staring at the truck on the streets thats probably why haha. i wanna wet sand the sides more to get more colors eventually