MattyHacks' Bamboo Tan 510

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Update. Took some pictures, really nice out today!

IMG_4508_zps86fa2d33.jpg

IMG_4511_zps2534a99f.jpg

IMG_4512_zps0b63aa7f.jpg

IMG_4515_zpsdcef0487.jpg

IMG_4518_zps42ee31a2.jpg

Got a nos coolant bypass hose of ebay. Unfortunately I must have cracked the little "T" part of the hard line taking the old one off, it was leaking when the car was running. So I'll be replacing most of it with hose and getting a T made because it's such a weird change of diameter (1/2" to 3/16" I think).

IMG_4517_zps799925f3.jpg

Also I've been hoarding 13" wheels... I've got two sets of stock steelies, a set of slotted mags and this set of Carol Shelby meshies I bought just because they're cool. I going to try to flip them.

IMG_4519_zpsbf099036.jpg

185/70/13

IMG_4525_zpsef13b8be.jpg

IMG_4526_zpse937c0ca.jpg

DOHH!  :mad:

IMG_4528_zps84bf56e8.jpg

Guess those wont work. I either need to get 60 series (Hard to find on 13s) Or find a set of 14s or 15s that I can run 60 or 55 or whatever.

These are not even close to clearing the calliper  :rofl: 

IMG_4529_zpsad44e8e2.jpg

Cheers  

• Like 1

Oh Dude that is fuking PIMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lower would be better BUT looks good!!!!!!!!

shit I might take my Rota RBbs off and roll my hubcqaps again

I noticed when I painted my rims white and put the stock hubcaps on my 521 I had more comments of how good it looked(samll wht walls also). Could have saved my money than waisting buying Pathfinder rims and tires. I had the Pimp stuff all along.

I got a nos thermostat bypass hose off ebay. I was super stoked till I started the car and coolant started spitting out  :sneaky: I cracked the hardline.

IMG_4517_zps799925f3.jpg

Anyways I replaced it all with soft line and got this little T thingy

20140122_182115_zpsd2a40853.jpg

I'm not happy at all with the way the whole set up looks. The 1/2 OD is now 1/2 ID and just looks bulky and overall sloppy. I've herd of people just deleted the entire system. What would be the best way to do it cleanly? Buddy at work has a peice of hose with a bolt and a shit ton of silicone on the lower rad part and intake part, then a little allan screw in the thermostat part. Looks pretty gross lol

• 2 weeks later...

The tires are rather big, but I'm fond of the wheels.  They are a good Bang for the buck, decent looks for a factory wheel, and lighter than a lot of aftermarket wheels.  I would just like to find a better option for center caps.  I've bought 3 different style aftermarket center caps, but none worked well.  I will keep searching!  Keep up the progress!  I think I'm jealous;  I like my color green, but I'm starting to think I like the Bamboo Tan better! :thumbup:

What I did was:  Wash them with a sponge and Simple Green.  Then I sprayed them with Eagle One Mag Wheel Cleaner (It has an etching acid in it, Don't use it once the wheels are polished) and let them sit for a couple minutes.  Then I rinsed and hit them again, let them sit for a couple more minutes and rinse.  If that doesn't get them clean, then I would/have used a "red" Scotch Brite pad.  "Grey" Scotch Brite pad would also work.  Next, I just used Mother's Aluminum polish with the smaller Mother's Power Ball (I did not use the extension with the ball).  The polish works best when you get the black aluminum-oxide built up in the ball, with plenty of polish.  You can go to all the work to sand them with 400, 600, 1000, 1500, 2000, then polish; and that's best if you want to get rid of deep scratches, but I didn't bother on mine.

The Eagle One Cleaner is also what I use to clean the Aluminum Valve cover.  It's also really good to use when cleaning the valve cover before paint.  Make sure you wear Latex gloves with that stuff too.

002.jpg

• Like 1