MattyHacks' Bamboo Tan 510

Got this Nardi for cheap, pretty sure it isn't fake

I know the real ones have E.Nardi engraved one the front, then MADE IN ITALY engraved on the back with a date code near the center. Not sure if any of the fakes are doing that...

Of course you could always try bending it. The fakes seem to bend really easy...    :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Have yet to get the coilovers together, but that needs to get done soon. The car goes for detail on the 20th, and on the 26th is the annual all Japanese car show here in Victoria. So stay tuned for more lows!

Till then, heres a pic of the Wats I shipped from Japan and recently repainted. Didn't put a ton of time into them because I'd like to get them professionally refinished. A quick sanding and satin black enamel.

20160529_172437_zpsapyrlqq5.jpg

20160530_205554_zpstb2tgxji.jpg

Heres another thing that may happen, I picked up this old school Yoshimura sport bike muffler. It's been totally hollowed out and would be too loud, but I think I'm gonna throw it on!

20160603_165345_zpsup4pzqsw.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

This car went from cool to fucking tits real fast.

Awesome job   :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Thanks man!

Are those Wats still 14X6.5 all around or did you stagger them with 7 in the back? What size tires are you running? Looks great!

6.5 all around . Fronts are +15 offset, the rears I'm not sure but they have more lip to them. And 185/65s all around

• Like 1

Yeah, you're right. Keep daily driving it and parking it where other vehicles have access to it ^_^ ... what's the worst that could happen?

638990-datsun-crash.jpg

100MEDIAIMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

ouch-1.jpg

381479A7-1936-4D5E-AA73-1DD5B9725DC5-944

DSC_0300_zps6dec2e4d.jpg

Best of luck, kid.

The last one is mine and it wasn't my fault but I'd daily it lol
  • Like 2

Houses burn down with cars in the garage all the time.

Im pretty sure that most people think a museum is about the safest place a vehicle could be stored, yet look what happened to the corvette museum a couple of years ago. Giant sink hole swallowed a room of the museum and destroyed irreplaceable corvettes.

Why live in fear?

• Like 3

I have 3 Datsun's, 2 are insured and switch back forth driving them. The other is sitting without a motor... But I love getting to drive a Datsun everyday, and be able to take one down while still having something to get around.

• Like 3

I have 3 Datsun's, 2 are insured and switch back forth driving them. The other is sitting without a motor... But I love getting to drive a Datsun everyday, and be able to take one down while still having something to get around.

Wow that first sentence sounds so caveman.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi MattyHack,

Your 510 looks awesome. I can't wait to show this thread to my mom. I'm glad her car went to someone with as much dedication as you. It was me that didn't finish it, not my dad.

I recently got the 510 I built as a teenager back. What goes around comes around I guess.

Your car looks great. Keep up the good work,

Dave

• Like 2

Hey Dave!! Really good to finally be in contact with you.

I've been meaning to send pictures to your mom, but honestly have hesitated due to I'm not sure how she would take the fact that I modified her very unmodified "Daisy". I haven't done anything that can't be undone (besides cutting a hole in the floor for the 4 speed) and I plan on continuing to preserve the option of putting the car back to bone stock if desired. I haven't sold any of the stock parts either.

Hoping to see some pictures (and a thread?) of your car. Is this the blue car I've heard about?

Cheers

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey Dave!! Really good to finally be in contact with you.

I've been meaning to send pictures to your mom, but honestly have hesitated due to I'm not sure how she would take the fact that I modified her very unmodified "Daisy". I haven't done anything that can't be undone (besides cutting a hole in the floor for the 4 speed) and I plan on continuing to preserve the option of putting the car back to bone stock if desired. I haven't sold any of the stock parts either.

Hoping to see some pictures (and a thread?) of your car. Is this the blue car I've heard about?

Cheers

• Like 1