Model Car Thread

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/10/2023 at 8:26 AM, Jesse C. said:

The Trumpeter kits have a few issues and they are way to pricey for what they are. The new Moebius kit is far superior in my opinion. 

Thanks! I missed that note the first time. I will check out the Moebius kit. 

Unfortunately, it's a '64, but I can make do. 😄

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Just wrapped up this '73 Skyline. Fauxtina'd paint job (check out the rust on non-ferrous surfaces like the flares and spoilers) for a classic JDM tuner meets post apocalypse look.IMG_20240107_142234.thumb.jpg.14da3b3fc8ac73c4f57e629adcbb2410.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Last model of 2023 was this Hakosuka. I bought it as a started kit and it was already painted Vallejo Pink. So I kept the color and weathered it because I was too lazy to touch it up or strip and repaint. 🤣 This project also served as a "trial run" for a VRH35L swapped version I may or may not build. 

IMG_20231230_133414.thumb.jpg.f4dbe1d5de462cb340804e5dc6d5e3b4.jpg

• Like 8

First model finished of 2024 is this Tamiya GMA T50, which is a new release.

4G9iFFX.jpeg

a8JJ7EZ.jpeg

d4Y9N4c.jpeg

My wife bought me an early Xmas present, an Elegoo Mars 3 Pro, which I’ve been messing around with. The resolution is incredible.

Eyja01Y.jpeg

0r9Dz7D.jpeg

• Like 9
On 1/8/2024 at 10:46 AM, Chuck Most said:

Any lucky ladies out there feel like riding the Baloney (Hyundai) Pony?

IMG_20240106_150310.thumb.jpg.9415e1bb08fa4f11dbbd33bcdc20a2c0.jpg

The BIC lighter of imports. These got about 3 years before they rusted out which was also about the time the engines wore out too and a blue cloud followed them around. Haven't seen one in Canada in over 40 years.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, datzenmike said:

The BIC lighter of imports. These got about 3 years before they rusted out which was also about the time the engines wore out too and a blue cloud followed them around. Haven't seen one in Canada in over 40 years.

I don't think you guys ever got the Pony. I know you got the Pony II, which was basically a refresh of this design. Maybe a slight improvement? 🤣

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Chuck Most said:

I don't think you guys ever got the Pony. I know you got the Pony II, which was basically a refresh of this design. Maybe a slight improvement? 🤣

Memory. Around the mid '70s I remember driving my '67 B-210 and finding a Pony wheel cover on the back roads. Very surprised to see rust holes and smokey exhaust in a couple of years. The emblem simply said Pony. By mid '70s I was done caring what crap car makers were selling but the pony was a particular POS. I have to hand it to Hyundai they have come a long long way since then.  

Hondas were also bad for rusting away. The story was they were built from recycled metal imported from N America. Old 50s and '60 cars with all kinds of copper, chrome, cast iron and crap mixed in. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

There's a guy on Instagram that builds the most highly detailed scale models. I would bet they sell for tens of thousands of dollars - https://www.instagram.com/piersonscalemodels/

Pretty neat. Stoke models on Insta is crazy good too. What he does with plastic kits is unbelievable. 

• Like 1

Im part of a modeling group on Facebook, couple of those guys are pretty detail oriented. Been watching a guy build a pontiac off and on, milling trim parts in 1/24-25 scale. Making actual wood steering wheels, dials that move. Beyond my patience level.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...