1973 Corolla wagon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a '74 SR-5.

The Green Machine is a modern (Huffy) version that you can still buy. Adults can ride it too! I bought it for my son because I also wanted one bad when I was a kid.

Good stuff, Ill take one of each...lol.

Im looking for a donor car for a VQ30DET project Id like to pull off next season..(see general discussion)...IM open to all suggestions, looking for something a bit different...this SR-5...looks to fit the build...just need to get all the factory specs and see what it intails.

Are they pretty hard to find, IM in AZ.?

Yeah, SR5s are pretty hard to find, and you would be getting unique parts that you would want to change anyway with an engine swap like that (for example the rear end). If you like the body style you can look for any '71-74 Corolla coupe.

Great info, yeah for the most part just need a roller, that is if the car isnt too light...but Ill start looking around for those years, the oldest one I seen on CL local was a 77, and its already set up for drag racing....think he was asking 17k or 14k...lokks like it was done right though...but yeah thats the oldest one so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, that was side busting, just like when they hang ya from your balls with a rope. j/k! :P  Tho I have to say, that yellow one had fender flares! Would have gotten away with it save for the roof. Were those pic's you pulled off the net or of real ones ya found? I think more guys were wiping away tear than laughing.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...