Phoenix AZ - 1968 Datsun 1600

scole665

HI!

I'm not sure where to start on this project. I have a terrific canvas but not much experience with the brand.  I think I owned a Datsun B210 in college like a million years ago but that's about it. I think I drove it without ever changing the oil (didn't care as I paid 350 dollars for it) or washing off the salt from the winter roads. 

Anyone know someone in the greater Phoenix, AZ area who might be willing to do work on this car? It runs, but seems to have some fuel line issues. It's a barn find from WA state and has been sitting for a couple of years. I think the gas tank needs to be dropped and redone. 

datsun001_zps0b2ced3a.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DATSUN roadsters of this era are basically simple cars!  Being a 1968,  the only real question is "early or late 1968".  The main difference is an SAE [3 main bearing] or Metric [5 main bearing] engine.  Smog add-ons vary by state and region.  Sometimes it was easier to supply a more strictly compliant vehicle to an area than to segregate a special run for a lesser smog compliant build.  An Arizona Car could have been built and certified to California standards whether or not Arizona required it in that year.  In any case, you have what looks to be a gem!  Many California and Montana destination Datsuns were delivered through Portland in that time period.  An Oregon RL411 owner has a vehicle serial number within 2 digits of my RL411 which I bought in Montana.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...