B210 Rolling Resto

Rotorimp

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the complements!

I got all the suspension back in the car and it was soo worth the effort! the car handles much better now. I still have all the steering linkage to replace but I am waiting on the idler arm to arrive and I drive this car every day so I didn't want to leave it all apart.

1C6EF07D-1592-422E-A505-78DB728D3566.jpg

720A2899-4D2A-483E-9AA6-D05C16AD5022.jpg

It has been cold lately and I can't say that the 210's heater has been up to par....... Since it never seems to warm up this fall I took of the housing this weekend.

Sure enough a p.o. had touched things they shouldn't have.

B7981B33-672A-4034-BFEF-4B3719ABEF78.jpg

Please don't do this kind of maintenance.....

I did clean up the housing...it had quite a bit of pitting and I had to be fairly generous with the gasket maker.

a81b48bb-6dc3-459d-a516-a1b6601178f3.jpg

Crazy! That will prevent the thermostat from doing its job. One very small hole in the top would do the job.

I've seen people leave the thermostat out entirely, but never seen someone break the thermostat and then re-install it!

I've seen people leave the thermostat out entirely, but never seen someone break the thermostat and then re-install it!

I think, if you have a crank pulled fan, it would be better to leave it in (un-drilled), but if you have an electric fan motor leaving it out would not be an issue.  I have had vehicles where I just remove the pesky critter because of a fan clutch pulled fan or electric fan motor, but I highly recommend adding a water wetter additive in the coolant to prevent the antifreeze from boiling.  Currently, I run a crank pulled fan in my B so I will deal with the thermostat installed (160 degree thermostat).  If I had all new gaskets I would run a 180-195 degree thermostat, but don't want my little guy running too hot.  Never heard of drilling a thermostat, but I have to say that it is interesting.  If I were to do that, i would drill a 1/16 size hole.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
And I can't leave things alone!!! I started by cleaning the valve cover and it didn't clean up as much as I like, annnnnd I happen to have some Datsun Blue.

2014-02-15_00005.jpg

So I started by bead blasting the cover.

2014-02-15_00006.jpg

2014-02-15_00007.jpg
  • 1 month later...

Been driving the piss out of it lately....turn signals have been acting up/ flasher seems to be having an issue. Not entirely sure it is the switch-turn signal works turning right but not left......  I don't want to shell out $$ for a new turn signal switch.