Rubber shifter boot on 510

edekalil

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two 510 rubber shift boots.........round and oval.  Here is the round one http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-BLUEBIRD-510-SSS-SHIFT-BOOT-INNER-NEW-/310318227337?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4840685f89&vxp=mtr#ht_460wt_877 , I've bought from gira777 before., also available from USA sellers, at a l'il higher cost.  I don't know if the oval one is available, but do some digging online.

If you have a 280ZX 5 speed, then you use this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Shift-Lever-Boot-240Z-280Z-280ZX-1970-1983-Nissan-NEW-/310782028488?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item485c0d6ac8&vxp=mtr#ht_3479wt_877 on the bottom of the shifter, covers the shifter pivot parts.  You would still need the larger 510 rubber boot shown above.

• 1 month later...

Well I bought a leather shift boot off amazon.com, then I got some pinch welt (that u shaped plastic coated trim put around the inside edge of on older cars door frame to pretty it up) from a friend. I used the pinch welt to hold the leather boot to the metal part that the rubber one was on that screws to the floor of the car. Seemed to work fine.

Well I bought a leather shift boot off amazon.com, then I got some pinch welt (that u shaped plastic coated trim put around the inside edge of on older cars door frame to pretty it up) from a friend. I used the pinch welt to hold the leather boot to the metal part that the rubber one was on that screws to the floor of the car. Seemed to work fine.

Ah! Ingenuity, the mark of a Datsun owner!

Came across this while digging through my stash today. I remembered this thread so I snapped a pic.

The oval shift boot is part number - 74963-E6000

null_zps3d04a79f.jpg?t=1389995341

Thanks a lot I really want to get one of these to go on the 70 two door sedan I'm keeping origanal.

image-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Came across this while digging through my stash today. I remembered this thread so I snapped a pic.

The oval shift boot is part number - 74963-E6000

null_zps3d04a79f.jpg?t=1389995341

Hmmm for '70 and on 510s but I thought they all were round. Looks just like the 720 transfer case shift boot but not as tall.

i bought my existing one from the Nissan dealership and after about a year it started to rip all over the place.

i thought that the original part would have lasted a lot longer. i don't shift hard or fast.

It's on a 71 wagon/510. Is there suppose to be some sort of a barrier between the trans & the underside of the boot? I'm thinking of perhaps too much heat??

Thanks,

Henry

i bought my existing one from the Nissan dealership and after about a year it started to rip all over the place.

i thought that the original part would have lasted a lot longer. i don't shift hard or fast.

It's on a 71 wagon/510. Is there suppose to be some sort of a barrier between the trans & the underside of the boot? I'm thinking of perhaps too much heat??

Thanks,

Henry

Go back to the dealer!  Nissan does offer warranty on its parts, it should last more than 1 year.