Trucky-chan KA-T 620 project

Moving right along with the fuel system. After take three of ordering flex line, first being rubber hose that didn't fit the fittings I had and the second being on back order, I got some stainless braided line and made all of my flex lines. I still need to batten them down in a few spots, but for the most part I think it should work out quite well.

hBlBB4b.jpg

6ol2Dk0.jpg

jVu4S4z.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cell box is mostly done. Lots of finish grinding still to do and then decide if I want to hinge the lid of just have bolts on each end.

hpqKwrc.jpg

I also came to the conclusion that I'm going to need to add a flex pipe to the exhaust. Space is very tight with 2.5" pipe and I'd rather the back half not move with the engine.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Exhaust pipe now with more flex.

http://i.imgur.com/Anlo9eu.jpg[/img

Also got the muffler hung so as soon as I dig out the extra turn down I have floating around and clamp it up the exhaust will be finished.

Kj32tMK.jpg

As much as I dislike the task of wrapping headers I seem to do it a lot.

Fuel cell box just needs a couple more coats of bed liner and then it will be ready to bolt down.

bbuZ9Gv.jpg

Also managed to get the first of the new seat mounts made.

• Like 3

Haha, I need to update that picture. I'm not putting that pos back on any of my cars. After repeated failures of that turbo after being rebuilt by the manufacture I ditched the brand.

I'm leaning towards a GT3071r for this engine. Now if I could just find some people locally with different types of manifolds that would let me test fit them I could make a decision on what way to go there.

• Like 1

Thanks, still have a long way to go before I will call this project done. OK, if we are being honest this project will never really be done, but I'm inching closer to the end of this phase.

We'll start this update with a pic that looks very similar to one that I have posted previously.

iuxdVrj.jpg

This time though the seat is actually bolted down.

Then I crawled back under the truck and took a measurement for a possible one piece driveshaft. As it happens I had a section of pipe laying around just a few inches longer than the needed shaft so I did a quick mock up.

cdqymMx.jpg

dq3Eyj2.jpg

While pinion angle actually looks really good and clearance with the cross member that held the carrier bearing is good, it is a bit too close to the trans tunnel for comfort. The pictures are a little deceiving, but that section of pipe is just a little over half the diameter of the original drive shaft. So, my options at this point are to just getting the front half of the two piece shortened, raise the truck up an inch or raise the trans tunnel to clear. The second two aren't going to happen. The up side to this is that it will be quite a bit cheaper to just have the section shortened than to have a custom shaft made.

• Like 2

One of the benefits of living in the self styled "racing Capitol of the world" is that you can't turn around without running into a specialized shop. As it happens, one of those shops just down the road specializes in drive shafts. The original slip yoke fits the s14 transmission; it was always my intention to reuse that and the pinion flange.

Engine is pretty well bolted together now. I did run into a snag the other day when I actually put the belt on and noticed that it was rubbing on upper alt bracket. That snag was easily rectified with a grinder though and now everything is bolted up short of the fuel rail.  I kept forgetting about the little caps for the injectors that still need a coat of paint and then I can slap in the injectors with new o rings.

Up8WOOr.jpg

y8fvyRQ.jpg

Since I had plenty of silicon coating left over I sprayed the rest of my exhaust.

eMATW1b.jpg

• Like 2

So damn close. I was hoping to get the truck started yesterday, but ended up getting a late start so it didn't happen. I did manage to button up several things and should be able to fire the engine in the next couple of days. 

OEgJs7f.jpg

I think I have decided on the home for the coil as well.

TEJqcQK.jpg

I have the parts to make my new center link so once my thread dies arrive I'll be able to knock that out leaving just the drive shaft to get shortened before being able to drive it. Oh yeah, I also found out that the S14 clutch slave cylinder happens to point the hose right at the torsion bar so I'll need to get a fitting to accommodate it. 

• Like 2

Haha, I need to update that picture. I'm not putting that pos back on any of my cars. After repeated failures of that turbo after being rebuilt by the manufacture I ditched the brand.

I'm leaning towards a GT3071r for this engine. Now if I could just find some people locally with different types of manifolds that would let me test fit them I could make a decision on what way to go there.

Highly recommend the GT series. I have a GT3076r on my integra and its the bees knees. I thought I would get tired of its whistling when it builds boost but nope!

MantisX

Got the 620 tach wired up. I wished I had researched it previously since the signal wire for the original tach comes from the coil not the ecu. Since there is no chance that I was going to pull the engine harness back out so I ended running the wire out with the headlights and hood release.