Radiator Options For KA 521

datson4life

i came close to purchasing the ka 510 ebay radiators but those are not gonna fit cause of healight bubbles in engine bay, anybody out there have a good recomendation for a radiator that wont require cutting into headlight bubles?  

its for a ka24de in a 521

i only got 27 inches of width to play with, the 510 ka radiators are 28 3/4 inches wide

rad521002_zps9c02e882.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking at an 80s A10. I picked it up cuz the hose holes are on the side you need for a ka swap and its only a little bigger than stock. With some cool custom mounts on top and one on the bottom I think it would work. I set it on top of my radiator and it didn't look like it would be touching headlight bubbles.

i came close to purchasing the ka 510 ebay radiators but those are not gonna fit cause of healight bubbles in engine bay, anybody out there have a good recomendation for a radiator that wont require cutting into headlight bubles?  

its for a ka24de in a 521

i only got 27 inches of width to play with, the 510 ka radiators are 28 3/4 inches wide

rad521002_zps9c02e882.jpg

Dude you have plenty of room right there,you can trim inside the grill area and pull that center support out like i did.Try go to my thread and look a couple of pages back i think i posted the cut,if you want to do a custom radiator like my CBR it will cost you about 550.00 but these guys will custom make the way you want in a about a week,and guess what it will bolt right up to your factory holes.Your only going the air thats coming through there now.Pricy but worth its done and done right the first time.

By the way my red truck they cut the hell out of it and it does not cool any better and if you ask me it was a shame they cut that much out of the front core support.

Dude you have plenty of room right there,you can trim inside the grill area and pull that center support out like i did.Try go to my thread and look a couple of pages back i think i posted the cut,if you want to do a custom radiator like my CBR it will cost you about 550.00 but these guys will custom make the way you want in a about a week,and guess what it will bolt right up to your factory holes.Your only going the air thats coming through there now.Pricy but worth its done and done right the first time.

By the way my red truck they cut the hell out of it and it does not cool any better and if you ask me it was a shame they cut that much out of the front core support.

couple pages back? :mad:

it was 13 pages back

• Like 1