A dime richer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, 

Its been a while since I last updated this thread but I finally got more work done with something to show for it.

Nothing major but , today with the help of Busta Nut I installed a tach in my dash.

I got a 2.5 inch equus tach at O'Reilly

20140315_161548_zps8fad8523.jpg

Next I cut a hole in the center of the right dash well. The 2.5 inch tach fits nicely into the center.

20140315_163300_zps608ca4d9.jpg

Sorry about the blurriness

20140315_170309_zps7b73013b.jpg

I think it looks sharp and goes well with the dash! 

20140315_181305_zpsda270441.jpg

I've been going to a couple meets and have put a few hundred more miles on the car bringing it to almost 2000 more miles since I bought it if I remember correctly.

It's been a blast to drive and I'm looking forward to getting some more work done. I still have a few things to do to get the car in perfect shape and I still have to do something about getting new wheels sooner rather than later. 

Hopefully, I'll continue to have some more updates as I progress. I still have a lot to learn about this car and I'm looking forward to it!  :thumbup:

That looks dope!

So my next step in terms of new additions is going to be getting new wheels. I need them asap because of two reasons. They rub while turning and secondly the tires especially on the front are getting really worn but I don't to get new ones just to have to replace them because I'm getting new rims anyways. 

Any suggestions?

I want to go with a 15 or 16 inch wheel (probably 16 inch) and maintain the 7 inch width. Obviously the 4 1/2" bolt pattern (4x114.3mm).

If I keep the same width I don't have to worry about offset right?

So far I've looked into some common ones I see on 510's like watanabe's and the 280zx wheels (swastika's, snowflakes) as well as old enkei's but I haven't found anything available or new wheels that I really like.

Swastikas and snowflakes should go right on with a 195 tire. 

If you run a 15 inch wheel you can get away with a 15x7 in most cases as long as the offset is between 0 and +15 for your fronts with ZX struts. Im not going to be much help on the rears since I haven't worked with a sedan. 

Rota makes some interesting wheels (though they are knock offs) that come in decent sizes and offsets for 510s. 

Size has nothing to do with offset.....the wheels you have now might have a stamp on them somewhere stating the offset....usually on the inside.....

If you want to keep the wheel where it is (side to side)....you'll need the same offset....

Just my personal opinion...........

16" wheel is just about the biggest wheel I'd put on......but I wouldn't....I feel they're too big.....and you have to run a low profile tire.....not much different than what you have now

15s fit real nice......gives you a little bit more sidewall also so it's not as rough a ride.....tires will be cheaper too.......

Either way you'll need the same offset to keep them where they are now........happy hunting!!

So just went to go look for some wheels and discovered that the PO put some spacers on to put the current wheels on and it wasnt done very well, glad im getting new wheels.

I ordered some primax xxr 513s in a 15x7. Anyone know anything about these wheels? Let me know as i can still cancel if need be. Got them at a great price though, just $85 a wheel. Should be on the car next week. The manteca will hopefully be the last trip I make on the current wheels :)

• Like 1

Had a good time at the manteca meet and put another 150 or so miles on the car.  :thumbup:

on the way back right after i turned on to 680 south the spring on the throttle snapped and so i had to pull over. luckily i had a spare, albeit a shitty one thats hella loose. 

guess ill have to go buy a new one...lol

Also, met a guy selling actual panasports with tires so might be getting those instead of new wheels depending on how they look.  B)

• Like 2

Met a guy today that lives near me who has a 1970 4 door all original automatic, bought it right off the floor 44 yrs ago and keep everything in good shape and its 99% stock

:thumbup:  :thumbup:

it was awesome seeing it and pics coming soon, being the idiot i am i forgot to takes pics today but ill go back sometime this week to see it again and take some pics for you guys.

• Like 1

idk if you ever fixed the light issue. but its a grounding issue on the passenger side.  I've went thru this on every dime i've owned. usually something to do with the fuse box, sometimes cleaning the connectors on the passenger headlights works, the ground by the voltage regulator.

i bought those horns from harbor freight, thinking oh these will never last.... they still work like a charm!! 

Good to hear.

its been raining the past couple days so I still haven't put them in but as soon as it clears up (hopefully tomorrow) I will be.

Also new wheels should be on the car either tomorrow or Thursday  B)

idk if you ever fixed the light issue. but its a grounding issue on the passenger side.  I've went thru this on every dime i've owned. usually something to do with the fuse box, sometimes cleaning the connectors on the passenger headlights works, the ground by the voltage regulator.

The issue with the brights?

Yah it took care of itself after I cleaned a bunch of the connectors and grounds, thanks for the advice though!

New wheels is not going well.

Test fitted the Konig's on but they don't fit on the back, they rub on the fender.

How much offset can I go with? I need to move the wheel inside by almost an inch. 

Is there an easy way I can change the height of my car possibly in the back?

Any ideas on getting the wheels to fit would be great.