njoz1200ute

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't you order King springs here? 

Or mod your struts/springs to work. 

A10 struts mods are popular on the 1200 as well. 

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Stanza_Strut_Swap

Thanks Flatcat.

I would like to find a US equivalent if possible to eliminate the insane shipping costs between the two countries.

As far as putting in new springs, I would also like to avoid any modifications to my suspension or struts.  I am using 1200 coupe struts at the moment or they might even be 120Y struts, I am not 100% sure.  The springs that are on there at the moment have had several coils cut out by the previous owner.

When I put the motor and gearbox in the front end came down so low that the front rails are sitting on top of the sway bar and when you turn the wheels it grinds the crap out of the sway bar.

So I need to remedy this and I thought the easiest way was to just get new springs.

I assume the lower spring perches were welded back onto the strut or were never removed in the first place??? Just put spacers under the coils between them and the lower perch to raise them and the body up. East fix. Only problem will be if too many coils were removed and the spring rate is too high for your liking.

I assume the lower spring perches were welded back onto the strut or were never removed in the first place??? Just put spacers under the coils between them and the lower perch to raise them and the body up. East fix. Only problem will be if too many coils were removed and the spring rate is too high for your liking.

Thanks datzenmike.

I don't think the spring perches were modified but I am not entirely sure.

What type of spacers are you invisioning?  Some sort of metal ring or perhaps a box of a dozen stale leftover glazed donuts

Thanks.

Jeff

Probably won't work cuz the springs are not flat at the bottom. 

It may. 

But I'm thinking to cut your perches and raise them a tad with some split collars under the perch. 

Thanks datzenmike.

I don't think the spring perches were modified but I am not entirely sure.

What type of spacers are you invisioning?  Some sort of metal ring or perhaps a box of a dozen stale leftover glazed donuts

Thanks.

Jeff

rcsb03.jpg

This would work. IIRC the top of the coil is flat unlike the bottom. This would fit on top of the spring between them and the top hat.