Drum brakes too rotor conversion

Onecleandatsun

How's it going everyone I got a question. I'm working on my 74 620 witch has drums brakes all around. I bought a 78 620 witch has all the front rotors and suspession. I started swapping it and putting it back together but I ran it some problems. The bar that goes from lower control arm to the frame of the truck is not lining up . If u guys can give me Idias or sugestion I would apriciated thanks hope to Hear from u guys

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yessir, i do believe both the upper/lower control arms are different as well as that one bar youre talkinga bout... i think there is some cutting and welding involved....

do a few searches on google for "ratsun 620 ball joint conversion" and disc brake conversion.

one example (the example i used) for an easy disc brake conversion wouldve been

-nissan 300zx (z32) 26mm calipers

-brackets for the calipers (mine were made by beebani)

-honda passport/isuzu rodeo rotors. 

-new brake lines (cant recall)

this is super easy, just swapping parts. 

but what youre doing is more intense because by using the later 620 parts, youre not just swapping to disc brake, but youre

also swapping from kingpin to ball joint. 

• 10 months later...

Dawa is right there is some cutting and welding involved. If you have the equipment, its not hard at all. Just grind off welds on bracket that holds contol arms on the frame. Make sure you have everything marked and measured correctly before you gring off the original so that all lines up correctly. Alignment wise. I'm getting ready to start this whole frame swap and I will be doing the same. Theres always and easy way out but this will keep the truck original w/o all the crazy modifications. Good Luck to you..