My Hardbody - 1995 D21

I have had this truck for 2 years now and never really posted much about it.

This is what it looked like the day I bought it. 

1995_Nissan_Truck_001.JPG

1995_Nissan_Truck_002.JPG

I bought it from a neighbor that didn't use it much and it just sat there. It is an extra vehicle for me and I use it as a work horse. It gets ridden hard and doesn't get much attention but it has been super reliable and is just a great little truck.

It has an auto trans. in it that I thought about replacing with a 5 speed because it was sluggish. It had gotten so sluggish that I started to neglect the other stuff on it and not use it much. I had not even washed it in over a year  :crying: I did at least change the oil and flush the cooling system this past spring. Poor old truck. I even thought about selling it. 

Then, on craigslist,  I found an 87 D21 with a Z24 and a 5 speed for cheap. It was a one owner truck with 116K miles on it,  It had a blown headgasket but it was pretty straight and clean other then that. It also had 4 brand new Goodyear tires on it.

null_zpsb0ce6f7e.jpg

null_zps7f83b954.jpg

So I bought it thinking I would do a 5 speed swap and part out the rest of the truck. But before digging into it, I decided to do a fluid and filter change on the auto trans in my truck and it fixed my sluggish shifting issues. The trans is now working and shifting great. 

So now that it is driving well again, I have decided that I would give this truck some love. I had bought a set of alloy wheels from a Ratsun member about two years ago and stored them away in the shed. 

Today, I took the new tires from the 87 and had them mounted on the alloys and installed on my truck.

Before:

null_zps47f326c8.jpg

After with new alloy wheels:

null_zps84c1dba4.jpg

It got a bath and with the new tires, it feels like a new truck. Next on the list is a new exhaust and a better stereo. 

So now I need to figure out what to do with the 87 pickup. Anyone looking for a project truck on the east coast?

I would rather sell it to someone that will save it then part it out. It has a clear title too. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I like your HB. I recently (6 months ago) picked up an 87 out of some old ladies garage. I'm looking to restore and do alot of work in it - i recently put in a new clutch and other basic repairs and upgrades. question for you, qwik510 - have you found any other sites strictly on/about hardbodys ? and do you still have your other 87? 
gracias - doc 

Hi, I like your HB. I recently (6 months ago) picked up an 87 out of some old ladies garage. I'm looking to restore and do alot of work in it - i recently put in a new clutch and other basic repairs and upgrades. question for you, qwik510 - have you found any other sites strictly on/about hardbodys ? and do you still have your other 87? 

gracias - doc 

Hi Doc,

I really have not searched out other sites. I am mainly into Datsun 510's and the hard body is more of a work horse then a project. I do love it though.

Yes, I still have the 87. Want to buy it?

null_zpsb0ce6f7e.jpg

null_zps23a41e63.jpg

null_zps2c32d638.jpg

null_zps0eef2f91.jpg

null_zps7f83b954.jpg

null_zps2ab65736.jpg