A 16 year olds S30 Journey

Ascendashogun

Going thru the tank thing now, Ive pulled it, wash with hot water and dish soap 3x.  Then poured a half gallon of carb cleaner, shook it every hour one weekend, came out pretty good, but there was one or two spots of varnish left on the bottom.

If I had to do it again, id throw some clean pea gravel in there with the carb cleaner, drain and add a gallon of paint thinner and pea gravel, shake the hell out of it...repeat.

Or call a local radiator shop ask them how they would charge to clean it right....lol. I thought I could do it myself, and wanted to show my sons some DYI tricks?...

anyway, make sure that thing is clean our your issues will contimue, keep changing filters as you play around with it until their clear.

Keep us posted, and dont forget the filter at the electric pump as well...Oh dont forget, you can also unplug the pump and jump it with the car battery, and take your fuel line off by the mechanical pump, and pump into a clear container, until its clear...just another way, then using a bunch of filters.

Please please be careful....DONT.....use a wet vac to do try something new...sparks from the motor can and have created a nice little bomb.

Just taking it to our local radiator shop. Thanks for the tip tho :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or chuck a couple of dog chains in there and shake, easier to know you have got them all out too. 

I used the aquarium sized rocks and laundry powder to clean the inside of plastic fluid ( overflow, washer) bottles on one of my cars,

that and a bit of magic sponge action on the outside they looked great.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...