Ascendashogun

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

There will be more pictures soon lol just wait till shes running :P

She doesn't have to be running to take pictures......

The word to picture ratio is terrible in this thread................................................sorry...................................................I'm an impatient pic whore.  :)

..............you have good oics........just wanna see more......and I'm too lazy to check other peeps sights to look at oics.......

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

448.jpg

Alright guys sorry for the suspense of not posting SHIT

Went to pennsylvania for 2 weeks and such

Went to the corvette museum in Kentucky (spying on the enemy  ;)  )

ANYWAYS

Shes still not running :( We found out the main fuel line is gelled...the hard tank back one...

Good news is my starters been rebuilt...

Just gotta pick it up and put it in.

Also getting seat rails soon! :D

Stay tuned guys!

Well, got battery cables hooked up, checked EVERYTHING, changed rubber hoses, checked fuel pump. 

Crank crank crank :D

no start...

fuel pump wasnt pumping

hours and hours and hours of tracing...found out the tank has a clog in the nipple...pulling that whore tomorrow.

Anyways, took some pictures for you blokes!

Enjoy!

EDIT-8737copy_zps6c5cedcf.jpg

EDIT-8742copy_zpsa1b6620c.jpg

EDIT-8741copy_zps9c9ded0f.jpg

Theres a light at the end of the tunnel! :) And theres hope for me yet!

• Like 1

Thanks man! A $3k Nikon and $600 Lens do wonders! :P but my editing sucks and i forgot to play with the settings as i take skating pics most of the time these days. ANYWAYS, yeah dude. Stuck her in reverse and the whole damn garage lit up! I was so excited. But theres a really loud whining white noise when shes in ANY gear. If the powers on then she whines. Idk why...
BUT cranked her up and she ran and drove...not well...but drove...I gotta change the oil and do a valve cover gasket due to INTENSE leaking. LOTS of vacuum leaks...and the gas tank needs cleaned out! :p

• Like 1

WOW.... The back up lights work. I don't think I've ever had a Z with working back up lights.

Great pic's

I replied to your statement in the comment above not realising who you were.

But i remember your signature! Your Zs are amazing! :D im not too far. come down here and help me out <3 lol But i definitely look up to you and your Zs!

• Like 1

Good work.

I enjoy the pics they are good ! Keep those comin ! :lol: ;)

Your mags have a little more dish than mine do .. :cool: congrats.

Will do my man ;D And thank you ;)

Haha ive never seen another set of mags tbh :) Theres no other 240zs here in my town. a few 260s and 280s. But no 240s

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Will do my man ;D And thank you ;)

Haha ive never seen another set of mags tbh :) Theres no other 240zs here in my town. a few 260s and 280s. But no 240s

I had mags on mine.........love how they look on 240z's.......

I'm planning on using them on my Dime now...........test fitted them and they look good with the fucked up paint I got :lol:

Short late and lame update.

Gas tank is pulled. Still waiting on a buddy to fab my seat rails and thatll all be in. getting closer.

Going thru the tank thing now, Ive pulled it, wash with hot water and dish soap 3x.  Then poured a half gallon of carb cleaner, shook it every hour one weekend, came out pretty good, but there was one or two spots of varnish left on the bottom.

If I had to do it again, id throw some clean pea gravel in there with the carb cleaner, drain and add a gallon of paint thinner and pea gravel, shake the hell out of it...repeat.

Or call a local radiator shop ask them how they would charge to clean it right....lol. I thought I could do it myself, and wanted to show my sons some DYI tricks?...

anyway, make sure that thing is clean our your issues will contimue, keep changing filters as you play around with it until their clear.

Keep us posted, and dont forget the filter at the electric pump as well...Oh dont forget, you can also unplug the pump and jump it with the car battery, and take your fuel line off by the mechanical pump, and pump into a clear container, until its clear...just another way, then using a bunch of filters.

Please please be careful....DONT.....use a wet vac to do try something new...sparks from the motor can and have created a nice little bomb.