First 510, suprise of my life today

First off im a new member, but have been lurking ratsun for maybe a year or two now.

Bought a 71 510 2 door shell yesterday, no motor/trans, interior, brake lines, pretty much bare shell. As for body and rust the car is in really good condition. Have a good amount to get it almost complete without breaking the bank. Ive been wanting one for the last 3-4 years but thought I need mechanical knowledge and get my life on track first.

So im almost done with school, 22, working at an independent repair shop, Honda certified, and looking to get ase certified soon. My brother owns a 720 and is currently working on restoring that. I Bought and somewhat built 3 240s, got bored and sold those to fund the real car I want.

So onto my real story, needed parts , found what I needed on craigslist last night went to pick it up today, wont say where and what to protect the guy I bought it off. Spoke for a little at 7 eleven turns out he's a master tech, most genuine car guy I've met, and said he had a few more parts at his house, and was nice enough to let us go with him to check it out, must have noticed how much we love Nissan/Datsun.

Me and my buddy are trying to start a business and have a blog with 300k followers we told him about it, and said he had a surprise in the garage for us. He opened up the garage and there was a 95% complete 72 hakosuka 4 door. I have seen it at local big shows and I've admired it plenty times. only dreamed.

Long story short we talked for about an hour about it, he took us for a spin. then he said he's talked about it with friends and has a lot of interest but isn't sure yet if hes going to sell it yet or not. Us trying to start this business and whatever else im not sure, but he offered us if we could come up with his asking price he would let it go to us.

Now just him trusting us to show us the car was one thing, then taking us for a spin, but consider selling it to us was an honor and on another level. I am so happy to have met him, and hope we can come up with the asking price to have something to start our business with.

If you somehow happen to read this thanks again, and well be keeping in touch haha...

So if I bored you im sorry, if its in the wrong place im sorry, and ill post some pics of my 510 later to maybe make the story more interesting if you could say that.

• Like 2
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No big deal as long as you realize that Ratsun means Picture Zombies.  That's what we eat for breakfast and anything else that interferes with beer call.  You have an excellent start!

thanks, got some good progress going, with work and school don't have much time to work on it in the week, without pissing off neighbors.

just focusing on getting the car on the road, then worry about coilovers, control arms, sr20 all the good stuff.

plan on getting my steering box rebuilt

I have front end torn apart. ordering all new ball joints, tie rod ends, bushings etc.

hopefully have my brake lines routed this weekend, the ka crossmembers in, and front back together.

im still looking for a gas tank if anyone has one theyre  willing to sell. for having the car two weeks think ive made some progress

probably start a build thread when I have enough stuff to make it interesting