1978 F10 Sport Wagon

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted some picks of my 78 F10 Sport Wagon along with the 77 F10 Hatchback I picked up yesterday on photobucket. Follow this link - . I am running Ubuntu as an operating system on this computer and photobucket is not allowing to copy link addresses to post photos, as soon as I have access to a windows based computer I will post picks to the sight.

http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/drwho192/library/?sort=3&page=1

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered new tail lights for the F10 from Japan Order, I believe they were in the Japan Yahoo Auction...well anyway we needed the drivers side lens and Japan Order was the only place I could find a tail light lens but I had to buy the left & right complete units NOS. Hopefully for the amount we paid Japan Order comes through. Has any one else tried Japan Order? I will post updates on the status of my purchase if any one else is interested in trying them out. They had some hard to find items for other Datsuns also.

• 2 weeks later...

I was the one that was having clutch issues with my 78 F10 but after talking back and forth with Len a few times I was able to take care of the problem and yes it was just a clutch pushrod problem haven't had any problems since. But I got a lot of practice changing F10 clutches. Got it down to a science now can change one out in 30 minutes easy. But since Len helped me out I haven't had to change another.

The wife was seriously considering pistachio green but I think she has decided to keep it white. With a fresh coat of paint. We are gathering parts to work on the Datsuns this spring, As you can see all work is done outdoors, at least untill we decide on a house in the area.

I am going to lower both of the F10's this spring. I thought I would lower the shaft collar on the front and retain the full spring due to upfront weight and just cut down the rear springs, not much weight back there.

What do you think ggzilla?

• 4 weeks later...

The F10 is in pretty good shape except for that driver side panel which was the worst part of the car, but the paint still shines. Interior is good shape too the only bad is the front seats are torn, car starts right up, no shaking, knocks or ticking. It will need a valve cover gasket it seeps a little oil but that's easy other than some cleaning and polish and detail it's a great little daily driver.

I like it. It would make a fun daily driver indeed. Not a fan of the Wrong Wheel Drive type but considering this is one of the very first WWD vehicles, I think first Datsun FWD in US, makes it a peace of history.

About the similarity with a Subaru 4WD, i said it looks , and would look like, with minor suspension lift, but certainly will not perform as a 4WD Subaru. A friend of mine had one, it was a blast. So different it comands others to look at it. His had a fan on the engine compartment I think meant to cool off the manifold / carburetor area.