1978 F10 Sport Wagon

We bought a 1978 F10 Sport Wagon yesterday, it is White with a caramel interior. It is in awesome shape. Mostly complete, I will be needing the front seat carpeting, rear bumper left rubber end piece, left tail light lens and a tachometer, it didn't come with one it has the block out plate. All original except it will have American Racing Wheel "Spectres" on it (I have the same wheels on the B210) and it will also have a Weber installed.

The guy we bought it from was very cool, he didn't want us to have to drive it home before going through it so he volunteered to flat bed it to our home for $50!!!! Ya, awesome dude. He was very happy that we were going to bring it back to life. It is going to be my wife's daily driver.

It has minimal rust, very little body damage and all the windows are intact and in great shape. The seats and interior are in great shape, we will be repairing the front seat bottoms (stitching area came apart). After the repair she will be installing caramel sheep skin seat covers (the interior colour is caramel).

When it gets here Saturday I will post a mess of pics.

If any one has advice, tips or info regarding the F10 please chip in.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually F10s are posted in the "Other Datsuns and Nissans" category. Here are a couple of F10 threads for your entertainment:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/35712-just-bought-a-1978-datsun-f10-sw/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/44788-f-10-fugly-no-love-till-now/

I believe the factory tach only came in the humpback coupe, not the wagon. Also the 5-speed tranny was only in the coupe, although either could have been swapped into a wagon. Looking forward to seeing your pics!

Len

Why the "invest in a couple of spare clutches" statement. I have been reading up on them and have not seen a mention of them liking to eat clutches.

Yeah, I'm puzzled by that statement too. There is thread on F10 clutches:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/56157-f10-clutch-problems/

I suppose someone with an F10 with the wrong length pushrod might conclude they eat clutches. I've read that F10 clutches are so easy to change maybe you want some spares just to change for the fun of it!

Len

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was the one that was bitching about the clutches going out so fast and yes once I found out there were different length pushrods everything is fine now. I had looked in books and manuals and online and there was never any mention of the pushrod didn't figure it out until after about a week long back and forth conversation with several different people on this sight. Now I have all kinds of clutches that I can jam back in the thing because there's nothing wrong with them. Hell I knew there was nothing wrong with them when I pulled them out they still looked brand new. It had me puzzled for a whole.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the F10.....it lives...replaced the carb with a known working Hitatchi, adjusted the valves and I finally got around to buying a ignition module.

Installed the ignition module and it fired right up and purred like a kitten.

Now I know I am in need of a muffler! Well anyway the rear brakes appear to be frozen..next weeks project. We hope to have the Sport Wagon on the roads of Olympia next weekend.

I will post pics this week....i promise

• 3 weeks later...