Oreilly auto finally has a (free) rewards card!

i find that my major, local auto parts stores have fairly similar pricings.

i prefer pep boys for my maintenance parts because their rewards card program is the best:

-1 point for each dollar spent, no minimum amount required to spend, after 100 points you get 

a $10 gift card, and in the meanwhile they send you coupons for things like X% off a purchase 

of XX or more, diy oil change special coupons, etc

also, pepboys has purolator filters. 

i rarely if ever go to autozone, and their rewards card has a minimum amount required to 

earn points (i think you have to spend at least $20?)

luckily for me, all of these places have military discount.

but, unlucky for me, Oahu, Hawaii (where im moving next week) does not have a pepboys.

well i stopped in to oreilly today to take advantage of one of their oil specials 
(something like $15 for chevron oil & a filter) and i notice they finally have a rewards card!

its only a $5 gift cert for every $150 you spend, but hey its something.

you also get 25 points for every friend you recommend (who signs up) 

as well as 50 points for going online and registering your card.

if you arent familiar with rewards cards, you dont have to carry them around, your

points can be tracked via your telephone number. 

also, all 3 of these stores offer their rewards card for free. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about the new Oreilly's rewards card on the radio and I couldnt believe they are only offering $5 for every $150 spent.... That seems like a very small "reward" for being a loyal customer.

I personally like the Autozone rewards, like Dawa, I use it for oil changes and such. The only disadvantage is that you have to spend $20 to get a point but after 5 points you get $20!!! You get in the habit of spending only $20-$25 at a time and rack up points in a hurry, next thing you know you have $40 in free money to spend.

Thats just my 2 pennies  :)

• Like 1

Yes, but the catch is you can only spend $20 at a time. If you spend $40 or $60 in one transaction you only get 1 point. You have to out smart them and make smaller purchases more frequently, this is easy for me as they are only a few blocks from where I live.

I have a great independent parts store near my house.  I also like Rockauto and NAPA. 

I went into Autozone because they had a carb listed on their website for my old 1200.    When I asked the counter girl about it, she honestly dod not know what a carburetor was..

i feel a lot of you guys are missing the point :)

yes, genuine or quality parts come first and foremost. ive spent 100s on rockauto, the majority of my parts come from there.

but sometimes you still have to go down to the parts store to pick up something small and unexpected for a project. 

(especially if your project is also your daily driver so you cant afford to wait for shipping to finish the project because you have

to go to work the next day)

that, and i buy the majority of my liquids (car care products, carb cleaner, aircraft stripper, etc) from there.

actually usually get my oil from walmart because its cheaper, but sometimes parts stores have great oil deals.

and if we are gonna spend money there, might as well get rewarded for it. 

majority (not all) of the people at parts stores arent car people and dont know about cars, or solutions to your problems, etc.

when i go, i go armed with researched part numbers, etc so i waste minimal time there. 

yes, robert. theres a lot of joking, but some times people try to be helpful too (like me)

and this being ratsun, not everyone can afford to overnight parts made in japan

• Like 1

GMB OE spec for my engine, so I go with that.  Asin also was OE spec for later years, but it's a thinner casting FTL... not as bad as Airtex garbage though.  At least you carry the good stuff in stock.

Amazon hooked up the overnight for free, I'm cheap and somewhat patient so I wouldn't have paid for it lol.

-Robert

Sadly, I am not, but the NAPA in Post Falls is corporate, part of our Spokane hub.  I'd refer you to Randy over there, but he no longer works at NAPA!  Still, there are some good guys at that store.  Nick is pretty knowledgeable, as is Rick or Gary.  But feel free to call me up at Cheney if you have any questions. 

man, the more i think about it, $5 for spending $150 is so shit. 

but again, its better than NOTHING.

does napa have a rewards program (yet)

also, here is a photo of my 'haul' from my last pep boys visit

1b5a2a9c2ece11e392eb22000a1fbd89_7.jpg

$100 worth of stuff for $85. 

since oreilly doesnt have purolator filters i stocked up on them before my move. 

that coupon im holding is one of the special coupons they send you for being in the program. 

$20 off $100, sounds like a deal to me! 

My take on this. Go to whichever parts house gives the best service, period. If they happen to have rewards, great. In your town, NAPA might be the best. In another town, O'Reilly might be the best. Maybe Carquest is the best somewhere else. The counter people are what make a store great, not the name on the building.

P.S. I work in a parts store.

I heard about the new Oreilly's rewards card on the radio and I couldnt believe they are only offering $5 for every $150 spent.... That seems like a very small "reward" for being a loyal customer.

I personally like the Autozone rewards, like Dawa, I use it for oil changes and such. The only disadvantage is that you have to spend $20 to get a point but after 5 points you get $20!!! You get in the habit of spending only $20-$25 at a time and rack up points in a hurry, next thing you know you have $40 in free money to spend.

Thats just my 2 pennies  :)

thats my emergency datsun fund