Ugly, Rusted, and Rotten... Probably should of been forgotten... a.k.a. "Rusty" the 720 International pick-up

Ok, so WTF? I've been a member to this site for almost 7 years and all of a sudden i can't seem to get any photo posting to work. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm still using photobucket, if that matters. I'm trying to post pics the same way i always have here, by copying the IMG code and then pasting it in the reply section, but now it does nothing.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it said it wasn't allowed, but now it seems to be working, oh well. Here's a pic of my soon to be new cab for my 720 rust bucket.

image_post_image2_1466772783436_zpsjzrvf

It's an INTERNATIONAL truck cab, which I think is funny as hell. You can't get much more "international" than an American truck cab on a Japanese truck chassis. :)

Hahaha, Nah, I'm sticking with my Datsun/Nissan stuff. This is the right time to do this swap, the ol' girl needs some serious frame repair as well, rusted and rotten doesn't even begin to describe a few spots in the rear of this trucks' frame. :(

Well, I picked up the "new" truck cab. I think it's gonna look awesome, but boy that was a sketchy drive home for 120 miles. The best part is that this truck cab came with a clean / clear / matching title. :)

I also came with the big heavy duty running boards, I'm not sure if i'm going to use them or not yet.

20160627_173607_zpsspvtiin7.jpg

20160627_173533_zpsuxy57hg3.jpg

So, what's everyone think? I already know i'm nuts for taking this swap on.

• Like 2

I'm all in for tiny mods to our trucks, just check my build out-

I'd go dually wheels way out to the fender but tucked up, and weed it out! With a cool stake bed, with your progressive side gates. That's my vote, oh ya and a Cummings diesel with exhaust cumming thru the hood- oh

• Like 1

I already measured everything, shifter hole and front wheels are a dead on match up with this body, but the cab is 6" longer in the rear, so it'll stop just before where the rear frame rails start to arch upwards. I think it'll work out great. I already have the dually rear end and wheels for it too. I think it'll kinda look like a down sized big rig.

• Like 1

I think my plan of attack is going to be getting the pedal assembly, lights, wipers, electrical stuff, steering shaft, etc. All sorted out and working and then just pull off the 720 body and bolt up the new one. This way I'll have minimal down time with my truck.This way, all I should have to do is hook up a few wires and bleed all the hydraulic stuff and I'll be done with it.