Steering wheel hub / quick release?

vam5011

I think I've been to every company that sells them, and you'd think I was asking for something for a deusenberg the way they respond.  So now I figure I'll see if you all have any suggestions (I tried searching, but steering wheel adapter 411 gives me odd results, mostly from people signatures)

I'm looking to replace the factory steering wheel with something a little smaller, what adapter are you all using?

I'd like to use a quick release, but it isn't a necessity.

Thanks for all the help!  Who knew I was buying something that would be so obscure (well, you all probably knew it, but I didn't expect it to be this bad!)

Thanks!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact tristingrind... he has a solution for an ultra thin disconnect that I'm interested in if he can generate enough interest to place a minimum order.

Cool  I will do that, just looking for something more immediate for right now.  That factory steering wheel is way too big for me to use lol.

Im teetering on the edge of just picking them up either way. Im not familiar with the spline size on the 411 to know what hub you need though. If someone were to know that could help you out. I just have quick releases and not hubs (still looking for some good deals to pass along to everyone). The quick releases I have are just less than an inch of added length to the steering  column. Youd had to run a Boss or Momo hub though. 

Good luck on the hunt for a hub to run... I dont know too many 411 guys with aftermarket wheels. 

Smaller diameter will increase the effort to turn it. Your arms will get stronger though. A lot of In town driving can get tiresome. I put zx steering wheels on both my 710s. There are slightly smaller and you notice it. It does allow you to steer quicker if you have the strength.

i hate to sound condisending but youre all dumb..... the 411 uses the same spline as the 520/521/ which is the same as 620.... pretty sure its the same as 510 and zcar.... i dont know that any of the 60-70s datsuns use a different spline cound, why would they change it?

• Like 1

i hate to sound condisending but youre all dumb..... the 411 uses the same spline as the 520/521/ which is the same as 620.... pretty sure its the same as 510 and zcar.... i dont know that any of the 60-70s datsuns use a different spline cound, why would they change it?

Very cool.  I've ordered a 3503, figuring it was likely the same as the 510, but you saying this makes me feel better that it'll be the right one.

• 1 year later...