Your First Datsun? What was it? When was it?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 yrs old, bought a 71' 1200 w/blown motor for $150. Rebuilt the motor which never ran right. Drove it for a year..

18, my dad bought me a 71' 2dr 510.I sold the 510 to buy a 71' Nova (stupid stupid stupid), 27 years and 20+ Datsuns later, I'm right in the middle of a resto/custom on a 2dr 510

16 yrs old, bought a 71' 1200 w/blown motor for $150. Rebuilt the motor which never ran right. Drove it for a year..

18, my dad bought me a 71' 2dr 510.I sold the 510 to buy a 71' Nova (stupid stupid stupid), 27 years and 20+ Datsuns later, I'm right in the middle of a resto/custom on a 2dr 510

Where we're you tonight? No sonic for you?

23, 1975 280z tha ran long enough to get on a trailer, buddys grandpa ended up scrappin it cause we parked it at his place. another 75 280 at 24 thats currently sitting in my garage after sitting at my parents for a year while i didnt have a place to store/work on it, it is ow my learning car (never been overly mechanical but i've loved z's since i was 5, dattos in general since about 20), and nowat 25 a 76 280 that i get to DD :)

Well we had 2 Datsun 620's at my house, and my dad always said the 79 was mine. I bought my first Datsun during the summer of 1993 for 400$, I was 12 years old and had a really successful lawncare and landscape business, and I bought a 1980 Datsun 720 longbox with the l20b. It had a blown headgasket. I fixed that truck with my dad and he drove it until I turned 14 and got my license.

1981 280zx at 13.

I win haha

no you lose cause you have to wait 3 years to even drive it....

i had a 69 and 70 (thats 2) 521 at 16 that were both bought for 275 total. rebuilt the l16, did a full resto on the dash, then went to paint it and guy wanted 2500 to pint it, couldnt justify it and scrapped the truck sold the engine and lost the dash in a quick move from a house that we had 24hrs left and couldnt go back for it...... wish i hadnt scrapped em both cause now theyd both be done lol. first datsun i drove was my 67 411 sss at 24. now i have 6 datsuns and 8 cars total. i live in a shop lol

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

Dad one day came with a 69 pickup I was maybe 14 just liked it and wanted to wash it every weekend just to drive it into the driveway ---it had the little washing machine motor 1300-it was blue then dad said he was gonna get rid of it yup I wet my eyes but not as much as when he got home with a bright red 71 -- HP 1600 well it looked like to me and yes I wet my shorts----- well what does he do,    he mixed concrete in the bed to fix a broken ditch he was irrigating---I drove that truck all thru high school with dry concrete in the bed.

all