78 datsun b210 Hatchback... ARRIVES!!!!

Datsunocaster

Had a beautiful day here in FL on Thanksgiving Day. I drove my Datsun alll day today when going places. Love the way she drives. very happy with this car. Besides that my one hubcap keeps flying off... HAHA...  Needs an alihgnment to which Im getting done Fri.... Still haven a hard time finding sunvisor clips....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a promising B210 with the black 1978 grille and GX steering wheel..

Love the period louvers and the custom-upholstered seats.

Does it have the original rear seat belts? Do they look like these?

20033.jpg

These type just pull out on the silver buckle part. The latch part (black with silver button) does not move. It they won't come out then they are frozen (or maybe stuck under the seat - make sure you can see the round retractor part, that it's not stuck under the seat cushion).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I consider that normal maintenance on a A14. I am going to change mine next month as preventative maintenance. My car just broke a 100,000 miles. Make sure you get a high quality head gasket. The head gasket change on a A14 is a easier than most other engines with it not having an overhead cam.

normal maintenance is to retorque the head gasket at every tune-up, according to the owners manual. In 32 years I never had an a-series gasket blow except once caused by overheating.

Really?  I am going to buy the owner's manual.  Seems like that is not the only bit of useful information I could find in there.  Thanks DubG!

I agree ggzilla, and we always want to follow Nissans guide lines. I have been the unforunate recipient of many a B210 that has not been maintained properly . It seems that most of the PO's let them go for the reason of a slightly blown headgasket due to neglect. But I have found if you change the head gasket right away with a quality one and torque it properly, you will have a trouble free car for many years to come. Namely that is what my previous comment was referring to when I stated "normal maintenance" after a B210 had been purchased. Plus I tend to only buy the $500 B210's that have seen severe neglect.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Well heres one of the only options I found for the hatchback rear window seal. Its ebay from Australia and it cost me for the item and shiipped around $130. I know its steep but it will be much better than water getting in my car and causing rust... here the link...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130971308892?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_4155wt_758

• 1 month later...

Well found a hatchback rear window gasket on Aus. Ebay and cost me some big bucks to get but its now installed and Im happy I got it. No more leaks to the rear compartment when it rains... Well worth it in the long run!!!! Next is A/C and Body and paint... maybe some rear shocks as well... Its a slow process but its going....

• 2 weeks later...

Well went to my mechanic and was able to get my B on the lift so we can undercoat it with 3M professional grade rubberdized undercoating. Took about 6 cans worth and we did the inner wheel wells also. Looks great and another great thing was that we did not find any rust any where underneath... makes me happy.. Bought new rear shocks as well and found a shop that I will hopefully be taking it to in a couple of weeks for body and paint.... Things are starting to roll!!!!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Wahoo!! My Datsun goes in for a makeover for body and paint next week. One thing I do need are the front suspension coil springs for an A/C model. Rockauto said they had them until I oordered and then they replied out of stock. Mine were cut so the front end was lowered. I dont mine the look but some bumps I hit will bottom out the front end and scrapes the ground. So I need to find new or used for a 78 datsun B210 with a/c. I guess the a/c to no a/c springs might be a different size cause on Rockauto they had both listed seperately. Can anyone enlighten me on this or knows where I can find them new or used? Thanks...

• Like 1