78 datsun b210 Hatchback... ARRIVES!!!!

Datsunocaster

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone here ever buy these door gaskets off these guys?? I have a 78 B210 GX hatchback and was wondering if these will fit my doors. And another question is are these the actual door gaskets on the door that opens or on the doorway frame??? I did buy the inner door handle bezels and rearview mirror from these guys and its an excact match of the old stuff and I was very pleased. Please let me know or I will investigate more on these and maybe buy them and see if they fit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170863105053?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1208wt_758

It looks typical of the seal that goes on the door itself.... That said, I don't have a B210 to compare to....  As far as I can tell all the Thailand sellers sell the same parts.  So far the rubber gaskets I've bought from Thailand, for my 510 and 620, have fit...  Some of the other parts I've bought have been very poor replacement parts.... I think it's just hit and miss.

• 3 weeks later...

Well stop by the shop and my mechanic is back at it. He made some progress and looks like he should be done soon. Mind you he works on other cars and school busses as well and he knows Im not in any rush on my datsun so he works on it here and there after other priorities. Getting close and as soon as I get it back I will get more pics up.

Stopped by the shop today and he had the carb installed and we ran it for a while. Sounded good but we didnt have all the vacum lines on it and carb needs a bit adjusting and cleaning. Hes going to check all fluids,plugs, filters etc. and get all ready to roll here soon. Gettin very excited.

Im looking to maybe purchase one of these dome lights for my 78 B210. Have any one else bought one of these?? Are they worth getting?? I really only need the cover for mine. I have bought a couple of things like inner door handle covers and rear view mirror from them and they seem to work out just fine. If anyone here has gotten one of these can you please let me know if you were happy with it or if someone here has a Dome light cover for my 78 B210 to sell please let me know. Thanks, Tommy...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-NISSAN-SUNNY-1200-B110-KB110-120Y-B210-B310-INTERIOR-DOME-LIGHT-LAMP-/170823033189?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c5d8a165&vxp=mtr#ht_1333wt_758

Ok guys been driving, messing and cleaning the good ole datsun today even though its been a rainy day so no pics yet due to rain. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some shots. Anyways been pretty lucky with everything working as should except a few minor things, A couple things not working is:#1 I cant get the washer fluid to spray. Fuse is on the same tuse as the wipers and they work and everyting looks to be there and hooked up so any advice will help. #2, I can get me rear seatbelts to pull out. Is there a trick to this or a button to press before pulling on it??? I know, sounds a bit perverted... Keep it clean!! Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty comon for the washer motor to freeze. I have success removing them and freeing them up of the rust and cleaning with elwctrical spray. Just use them at least a couple times a month afterwords to keep it from freezing back up.

Rear seat belts are pulled out backwards, face the seat belt to the rear of the car and pull.

I cant get the washer fluid to spray. Fuse is on the same tuse as the wipers and they work and everyting looks to be there and hooked up so any advice will help. 

Pretty comon for the washer motor to freeze. I have success removing them and freeing them up of the rust and cleaning with elwctrical spray.

Step #1 would be to take a test light to the electrical plug at the pump and see if it gets hot when you twist the washer switch.  :thumbup:

The rear seat belts can be a real pain. When I said pull it out "backwards" I mean you do not pull the metal part of the seat belt, it has to be tucked under and facind the back of the car and then grab the roll up part of the belt and pull. You might try folding the seat back down to give yourself more room to move the seat belt. If they are rolled up tight you may have to remove the lower part of the rear seat. I have owned at least 20 b210's over the years and having 4 kids I had to use the rear seatbelt on all of them. Never did I have to replace a belt. But I always had to pull it out for my kids or for whom ever set back thier because of the "odd" way they release.