Vintage Rubber - Front windshield gaskets?

Draker

Sorry for stealing your thread OP.

I sent Vintage Rubber a pic and they are going to send a new rubber. I'm going to pull it out of the bag and check to see if it has 4 actual corners.

looking forward to seeing this resolved, hope to see gapless pics in the near future russaroll.  I need a new windshield in my dime  :crying:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also it should be known... The VR front gasket is precision gasket from Thailand. The package I got was clearly packaged in the precision bag.. with precision part numbers. Affixed over the made in Thailand sticker is a VR label.

When I received the package I immediately called VR. His explanation was that he owns all the tooling and has proprietary rubber.. blah blah blah. Talked to my glass guy.. he wasn't buying it.

You make the decision.

my precision split in a year on my car. My VR hasn't been outside for a year, but its not split yet. Has been on the car for a long time.

also I highly suggest liquid butyl rubber for installation, only way I could stop it from leaking.

Also it should be known... The VR front gasket is precision gasket from Thailand. The package I got was clearly packaged in the precision bag.. with precision part numbers. Affixed over the made in Thailand sticker is a VR label.

When I received the package I immediately called VR. His explanation was that he owns all the tooling and has proprietary rubber.. blah blah blah. Talked to my glass guy.. he wasn't buying it.

You make the decision.

English common law applies except in Lousiana!  As usually rendered the "Law of Agency" is stated as "The master is responsible for those actions which his servant has performed on the behalf of his master" so get him off his ass and make him provide restitution either as a real product or as a full restitution of all your expenses!

it's been almost a month and still no new replacement.  after i contacted them again they wanted me to order another one from their website.  i told the guy i wasn't going to order another one when they can't even get the first one i ordered right.  

if anyone needs a rear window rubber it will be up for sale in the calssifieds tonight.

i'm just going to order one from Datsport.

• 4 months later...