Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

So, how many would call that a "Widebody Kit" instead of what it is, Flared. 

Too many. Not me. I so hate how many people see a flared Z and call it a "wide body"...

But google "widebody car" and see what comes up...  🙄

3 hours ago, six2ohyea said:

This would be a wide body for sure

8BF88AE3-F550-493E-9419-66D80938846B.jpeg

To be honest, that kinda straddles the line between the two...

You have to widen the whole body (except the door) to qualify. 😁

Cohn-Racers-Widebody-Muscle-Car-Preview-

Back in the day, stuff like this was just called "box flares"...

widefox.jpg

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 3

Well I just happened to watch SpaceX launch. I don't follow closely so thought I would update. I thought it was going into space or into orbit but it basically blew up at second stage separation. Wow the crowd went crazy cheering and the spin dr. commentators kept smiles on their faces as they applauded this great success. It was like watching NK generals clapping for Kim. If it was supposed to orbit and land near Hawaii then this was no success. Wake me when you get to the moon.

Got pushed into an industrial painting position a few months back. I know fuck-all about a pneumatic paint gun. Each time they stuck me in a booth co-workers would come look at my work and swear I've lied about not having any paint shop experience. Just 40 years of using rattle cans on car parts because I ain't never had enough money to hire a body man for anything. I've got a pretty good understanding of flow and coverage from Krylon so all I really had to do was figure out the rate of the stuff coming out of the gun and that's not hard. Never known folks so disappointed because there's no run or over-spray. Makes wish I had some basic bodywork skills. Never was brave enough to beat on panels. 20230410_145119.thumb.jpg.3e2657ce4643ca3ffb8514c29c20a977.jpg

• Like 4
On 4/20/2023 at 12:50 PM, a.d._510_n_ok said:

Got pushed into an industrial painting position a few months back. I know fuck-all about a pneumatic paint gun. Each time they stuck me in a booth co-workers would come look at my work and swear I've lied about not having any paint shop experience. Just 40 years of using rattle cans on car parts because I ain't never had enough money to hire a body man for anything. I've got a pretty good understanding of flow and coverage from Krylon so all I really had to do was figure out the rate of the stuff coming out of the gun and that's not hard. Never known folks so disappointed because there's no run or over-spray. Makes wish I had some basic bodywork skills. Never was brave enough to beat on panels. 20230410_145119.thumb.jpg.3e2657ce4643ca3ffb8514c29c20a977.jpg

Kudos! I painted truck boxes in the GM Oshawa plant in '74 and part '75. Only fucked one and that was white. Hard to see it. Foreman took me to the end of the heated drying shed line an showed me the runs. Never done anything like it before, the next year they started using robots. If I hadn't been laid off and bumped I could have done that forever.