Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/27/2023 at 12:23 PM, bottomwatcher said:

If you take a minute to think about it from the Womans perspective it goes a long way to a good solid relationship. She will see any acquisition as competition for time and if things are tight money. Every inanimate object although not alive is "Greedy" especially older cars or worse boats. Whatever I own when I walk past it I think of beggars yelling at me and tapping there palms yelling gimme! The VW does it in a German accent, the toyotas, datsun and Subaru scream in a Japanese accent. My humble little homes sound like dying old Men. Then again maybe I am just plain nuts.

Then we have the same diagnosis.

Lesson for the day...

Originally Datsun was spelled DAT (Motor Car Company) for the first letters of the names of the three founders of the company. Soon changed to Datson but the word 'son' in Japanese means loss so it was quickly changed again to Datsun..

School's out.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Lesson for the day...

Originally Datsun was spelled DAT (Motor Car Company) for the first letters of the names of the three founders of the company. Soon changed to Datson but the word 'son' in Japanese means loss so it was quickly changed again to Datsun..

School's out.

Also "son" doesn't pronounce well [Sone]"Sun "has the right phonetic intended..  Thank you, Reverend Hepburn, for inventing the Western nation system - English consonants' and French vowels. This is the Romagi system currently in use,

23 hours ago, thisismatt said:

You would think the chinese would at least run names by a native english speaker before choosing something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/Rongpro-Adjustable-T-Square-Measuring-Aluminum/dp/B08HWCLV87/

Rongpro...really?

21 hours ago, angliagt said:

Do they also make fishing poles?

Funny.There is a Chinese company making fishing reels called "Eat Me" fishing tackle.

• Like 1

My Friday, bitches. I'm at the oldest bar in this podunk town. It was built as a slaughterhouse in the 1940s. Turned into a bar about 1966. Waitresses hate closing at night because it gets very.....active. been coming here since right b4 9/11. Most of the men i used to drink with here are dead. So comfy lol. They have that 70s show playing on the big screen. Makes me feel like my kids should still be in middle school and three of them are now combat veterans. 20230309_154141.thumb.jpg.a0be22a5df99dc19e7e260fdeb905a30.jpg

• Like 4

Was riding to go pick up a couple of shitbox inop nissans from macon this morning.  Was going along on a back road and came over a hill.  Low and behold, I spy a 521.  On the way back thru, we stopped to see if it might be for sale.  Sadly, it was not.  His father had bought it, passed it along to that fellow and he passed it along to his son.  Nor was the 74 woody 610 wagon for sale either.  Nor was the 46 willys jeep.  Or the 51 chevy truck.  They were going to fix them.  I wanna believe them.  I really do.  

No oics.  I didnt ask and I got the feeling he wouldnt have said yes.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

More randomness.  Anyone fuck around with rv's?  I have recently got a 96 holiday rambler endeavor.  Its a f53 chassis with a 460.  Ive got everything to work.  Other than the 460.  Seems they quite often require fuel pumps.  

Anyone fuck around with this shit?  Its a 80 gallon tank that has around 25 gallons in it.  Seems like a twat to do.

I drove a 97 F250 with the 460/7.5L. It had dual tanks and something with the front pump crapped the bed. It was starting to die at low speed/idle, so I switched to the rear tank until it was apparent that the front pump check valve(s) were part of the problem and the rear pump filled the front tank until it started pouring out the filler. The shop I took it to had fun dropping the tank

Couple of shots from my Saturday trip to a 50+ year established Ford heavy salvage that will most likely crush and close by year's end. I've walked this yard since 1995 but never saw this two before. The 1960 Falcon was missing nothing but the tailight lens and carried a 1980 license plate. It donated the front bumper, valance, headlight bezels and glove box door to my Ranchero. Going back for the white steering wheel and tailight buckets Friday. No clue on the Mustang. These were all hidden from me until the most recent crushing and brush clearing. 

20230310_123856.jpg

20230310_124000.jpg

• Like 5

It's amber I believe, not orange. Not everywhere in the world uses red turn signals. My Canadian '68 510 had amber rear turn signals. The after market 620 had them also.

By law you can only have white, red and amber colored lights on the rear of non emergency vehicles. On the front, white and amber only.

• Like 2
On 3/15/2023 at 8:24 AM, datzenmike said:

It's amber I believe, not orange. Not everywhere in the world uses red turn signals. My Canadian '68 510 had amber rear turn signals. The after market 620 had them also.

By law you can only have white, red and amber colored lights on the rear of non emergency vehicles. On the front, white and amber only.

Bikers in the USA can now run down the road with blue and red running lights. 20 years ago cops were very protective of those colors of lights but now they don't look twice. Not sure why that is.