Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ooph! said:

If you take 10 minutes once in the morning and again in the afternoon that's 1.67 hours per week or 83 hours per year

that you got paid to poop.

Lately I’ve been feeling like the character Fish on the 70s sitcom Barney Miller.

30 minutes is about average.

So, 2.5 hours a week, around 130 hours a year.

Fuck, I hope the IRS doesn’t catch on, they’ll figure out a way to tax me for it.

• Like 1

I gotta rant.

Since I’m too lazy to find a more appropriate place, here:

A local 27 year old dump truck driver was shot and killed at a quarry a few miles from my house today. The initial report is that a 22 year old stranger engaged him as he was exiting the quarry with a load of gravel. After an argument the stranger produced a firearm and shot the truck driver, then took the truck and trailer, according to a companion of the truck driver and witness to the argument and shooting.

The stranger was stopped by sheriff’s deputies a few miles away and arrested.

Earlier this year a motorcycle rider was killed after colliding with a dump truck. 

The highway that connects the town I live nearby with the city has had a number of fatal accidents in the past couple of years. Often excessive speed or passing in no passing zones is involved. There is logging, mining and several quarries in the area, so there are lots of big trucks on the roads, and they are involved in a high number of these accidents, although usually the other drivers are at fault.

There has also been a half dozen fatal accidents involving young drivers, and alcohol.

You know, homecoming and all that.

I have lived and worked in this area continuously since 1970. In the last 20 years things have changed. The population has exploded, the roads are clogged with all these people. Seems like everyday anymore crazy stuff goes on.

Like the 27 year old truck driver that died today because of an argument.

• Sad 1
27 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Our Western Civilization needs to train itself to get up in the morning and make a coffee, then take it to the bathroom and take a good dump.

That is funny. I just finished doing exactly that.

Well since we are talking about pooping again... I went for a visit to my Canadian friends. Their little toilet can not handle my American boil movements. Not sure they are happy with me after blowing up their bathroom again. I thought about snapping a picture, total trophy. Should have weighted in before and after.

• Haha 1

Locally if you can catch a Tyee salmon you can becoma become a registered member of an exclusive club. For several years I would hear about these mystery salmon and how they were common but not nearly so today. I couldn't find the Tyee in any books about salmon even though there is a Tyee street and a marina using the word "Tyee". Then one day the mystery was solved. A "Tyee" is any Chinook salmon weighing over 30 pounds. The native word for "Chief" is.... Tyee. Maybe you had a Tyee Turd.

• Haha 2