Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

On 11/11/2021 at 1:32 PM, BrothersGarage said:

yog2o9hh30z71.jpg

to close for comfort 

my first job a guy did this with a paper wheel kicked back and buried it into his stomach 

it twisted up in his shirt where you couldn't see the disk he had a 7inch raspberry circle on his chest 

all i heard was grinding sound then a grunt turned to look to see the grinder disk not visible it was a scary feeling 

Edited by Ranman72
  • Like 3
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/12/2021 at 8:40 PM, Ranman72 said:

to close for comfort 

my first job a guy did this with a paper wheel kicked back and buried it into his stomach 

it twisted up in his shirt where you couldn't see the disk he had a 7inch raspberry circle on his chest 

all i heard was grinding sound then a grunt turned to look to see the grinder disk not visible it was a scary feeling 

23 hours ago, Duncan said:

Grinders can be dangerous, but at the shop, we nicknamed these steel stringer wire wheels "the widow maker"

These remove paint, bondo, etc really fast, but if you get too close to an edge and it catches, you will end up bleeding profusely.

weiler-08766-6in-stringer-bead-wheel.jpg 

Shit like this makes my butt pucker.

• Like 4
On 11/13/2021 at 10:59 AM, Duncan said:

Grinders can be dangerous, but at the shop, we nicknamed these steel stringer wire wheels "the widow maker"

These remove paint, bondo, etc really fast, but if you get too close to an edge and it catches, you will end up bleeding profusely.

weiler-08766-6in-stringer-bead-wheel.jpg 

I love these for their efficiency but man they will f you up if not careful. They sling wires that most of the time bounce off long pants but if they hit you just right penetrate Jean's with no issue. I have had the wires stick in my leg but have worked with others that got wires in the ballsack and another in the tip of the penis. Keep the guards on the grinders and stay away from the trajectory of free flying wires.

8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Who put that together?

My B-210 had a retarded set up of pins clips and wires 

That is typical for 1200, and B210

510's and some other models had what I would call a "spring plate" that went in last to hold the pads into the calipers. Shoulda taken a pic last week when I had some apart.