Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

Yeah I was in the moment. Better than first wife, who to her credit, could really move her hips. Almost as good as Mrs. d who like the Super Snake could leave you will shaky legs after the ride of your life.

• Like 2
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok so I live in rural Maine half the year. The good is quiet no crime friendly folks small microbrewery ect. The bad, Amazon prime takes over a week and getting instant gratification for certain items is a no go. On the other hand when you have an issue there is a network of sole proprietors that work out of there homes or converted barns. Today I needed an outboard starter fixed so I went up the road to a dirt road where the local starter/alternater rebuild lived. Shop wide open but nobody around so I walked around his property until I found him tending his garden. No problem! This isn't a drop it off and pick it up later, no time like the present to dig in and fix it. Watching a man who had done the same repairs for 53 years is fascinating to me. He just dug in, threw the stater on the lathe to polish it. New brushes from what he had on stock, chatted, I helped hold a few brushes on reassembly and I was back in buisness for the princely sum of $45  for a repaired marine starter. Even watching his hands while doing this at probably close to 80 I figured a thumb war with this man would only result in a broken thumb on my end. His diagnostic machine for alternators is from around 1937 he picked up as surplus from the air force base as it was used to diagnose generators from B 52s. 

20210705_094415.jpg

• Like 14

cRWKTKl.jpg

BOoGjgQ.jpg

Roadrunner eating a moth. The focus is a little off because I didn't want to get too close. I've seen these things get aggressive.

Sort of a Godzilla vs Mothra...only on a smaller scale.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, KELMO said:

cRWKTKl.jpg

BOoGjgQ.jpg

Roadrunner eating a moth. The focus is a little off because I didn't want to get too close. I've seen these things get aggressive.

Maybe he was truck shopping.Did you see him put a deposit on that truck?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
7 hours ago, KELMO said:

cRWKTKl.jpg

BOoGjgQ.jpg

Could that pickup have been parked any closer to that car?

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

Could that pickup have been parked any closer to that car?

Trying to get some work for the body shop I think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, colourbox said:

2ED678B3-4377-413D-908C-66C5301DA7A1.jpeg

This is the problem today in a nutshell. So many safety labels, warnings, protection devices and guard rails have kept people like this alive, when if left to run its course natural selection would have swiftly removed them from the gene pool. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2